The Briefing Table

After dinner and post sunset, the Wayne brothers made their way to the BatCave to work out and get their patrol assignments.

Damian was twirling a butterfly knife between his fingers in boredom as he sat at the briefing table. Tim was leaning back in his chair and Jason was on his phone. Dick walked in.

"Dick. Where's Dad?" Jason asked, looking up from his phone.

"I don't know. I'm just here for the briefing."

Damian stabbed the knife into the wooden table. "Well I'm bored."

"We all are." Tim groaned.

"How come he gets to run around on patrol while we have to wait here for him to return and give us assignments?"

"Probably because he's Batman." Dick responded.

"Let's just go on patrol. Find crime- fight it, right?" Damian reasoned.

"No." Tim said, snapping back to attention. "No no no nononono. I'm in charge of watching you tonight and we are absolutely not-"

"Then stay behind, coward."

Damian stood up and pulled the knife from the table. "I'm going out."

"Me too." Jason decided.

"And just like that we're fucked." Tim sighed, pushing his chair back from the table. He looked at Dick. "You coming?"

"I guess." He sighed. "Are you sure you can watch D?"

"I've done it before." Tim said, walking with Dick across the Cave to the locker room. They stripped down and pulled on their uniforms and armed themselves. Jason cocked his gun and loaded some rounds into the chamber.

"Those better be rubber. We don't need any accidental deaths." Dick warned.

"Relax. I aim for the knees."

"Jesus we're screwed." Dick muttered.

Damian strapped his utility belt on and packed smoke bombs in one of the front pockets. Tim pulled on his shirt and tucked it into his pants.

Dick laced up his boots and just like that they were done.