Getting Ready for The Dance

Damian met with his brothers at the breakfast table, Dick spent the night at the Manor and now was eating a piece of jelly toast. Tim got up to go was his hands and Damian took the moment to dump salt in his orange juice.

"You're such a mistake." Jason said.

Damian stuck out his tongue. "Well I have a dance to go to tonight with the prettiest girl in the entire school."

"And I thought you were gay." Tim said, walking back to his spot.

"Hey!" Damian shouted.

Tim held up his hands. "There's no judgement there."

"Yeah, D." Dick said. "It's okay if you are gay."

"Yeah, we support you." Jason said.

Damian groaned. "I told you I'm not gay!"

Bruce came in the room. "Good morning, boys."

They muttered all sorts of salutations.

"Your dance is this evening, right?" Bruce asked.

Damian straitened up. "Yes." He looked at his brother. "And yes, I know what color her dress is- it's pink."

Jason laughed. "That tie is going to attract all the boys."

Damian frowned. "I'm wearing a white tie, thank you very much."

"Bummer." Tim laughed. He picked up his orange juice and looked at Damian. "You put more salt in than usual.

"What are you talking about?" Damian asked, feigning innocence.

"I'm the best detective in Gotham. I know when you're fucked up my juice."

Jason laughed. "You should have salted Dick's!"

"Hey!" Dick retorted.

Damian laughed. He looked up to his oldest brother. "I would never."

Alfred came into the dining room. "A schedule of activities for Master Damian." He announced. "School day as usual, dress for tonight's dance, pick up Miss Tiana, and go to the dance. We haven't time to stop back at home." He remembered. "And we will have Master Jon."

"Woah. Major cock block." Jason whistled.

"Actually." Damian frowned. "Jon is going to the dance with Tiana's little sister." He sighed.

"How tall is Tiana? You might have to trade dates with Jon." Jason laughed.

Bruce set down his coffee. "Jason, enough."

Jason frowned. "Fine."

---

Damian met Jon in the middle school library. "The dance is tonight." He said, looking up from his book across the table form Jon, who was coloring in a worksheet. He sighed. "Ah, the simplicity of fifth grade."

Jon bit his pencil. "I've never been to a dance. Have you?"

Damian thought for a second. "Well, there's always the balls and galas and shit that my father has in Gotham but growing up in the League- we had formal events, but they usually included a blood sacrifice."

"Okay- so I'm going to go with no."

Damian shut his book and looked around. "What color dress is Miss Rey James wearing?"

Jon smiled. "Blue."

Damian frowned. "I'm stuck with pink."

"So you're wearing a pink tie?"