Having Brothers.

"I brought food!" Dick announced, coming through the front door with his elbow and then kicking it wide open.

Tim and Jason appeared at the top of the stairs. Jason jumped off of the top and tucked into a roll. Tim walked down the stairs normally. 

"What's for dinner?" Tim asked, taking one of the three bags from Dick.

"Chinese food. There's a pretty decent place by my apartment."

Despite being the son of a billionaire, Dick chose to live off of the salary he made by working as a counselor and gymnastics coach at the Bludhaven Community Center. Therefore, his apartment... was small.

Damian and Jon had been reading in the library but they got up and made their way down to the kitchen where they were eating tonight.

Dick turned around and handed Damian a paper container by the wire handle. He was a picky eater and Dick just hoped that he would eat it- luckily he remembered to get a vegetarian meal. 

"Mr. Vegetarian, spicy tofu." He handed another container. "And rice."

"Thanks, Grayson." Damian said, taking the food and bringing it to the table. He sat across from Jon.

"And orange chicken for Jon." Dick said, setting a plastic container down and a pair of chopsticks. "It's sweet and young kids like sweet. Or at least- I did."

"I like it!" Jon confirmed. He frowned. "But I don't know how to use chopsticks."

Jason handed Jon a fork and a plate. "I've got you."

Tim sat down next to Jon and scooped some of his food onto his plate. Damian dumped rice onto his plate and poured tofu on top. Dick sat at the head of the table across from his father.

"This is really good." Jon said.

"Good." Dick smiled.

"Hey! Bastard. Knock it off of I'll take your kneecaps." Tim yelled.

Damian went to grab something to threaten his brother but didn't have a fork or a knife and instead waved his chopsticks as menacingly as possible. "It wasn't me, Orphan."

"Yeah? Well then who kicked me under the table?" Tim asked.

"Boys-" Bruce warned.

"Maybe you're just delusional. I didn't kick you." (he did.)

Tim rolled his eyes and went back to eating his food. 

"Damian. pick up your fork and eat."

There was silence.

"So this is awkward." Jason said.

"Why don't you talk about your grades then?" Bruce asked, pointedly.

"Shit." Jason muttered. They were silent again. Bruce cleared his throat.

"I heard that you skipped class today." He said.

Jason looked at Tim. "You told him, didn't you? Wow. You just can't keep your mouth shut."

"Hey!" Tim defended. "Why is everyone blaming everything on me tonight?"

"Because you're the weakest link?" Damian offered.

"Your principal called." Bruce said, looking at Jason.

"Great." Jason muttered. 

"Naturally, you're grounded."

"Seriously?" Jason asked, exasperated.

"One week."

"And patrol?"

"You can spare a week."

Jason slumped back in his chair and pushed himself away from the table. "I'm going to get a glass of water." He muttered.

"Ooooooh- Jason's in trouble." Damian laughed.

"Damian Wayne, eat you dinner or I can ground you."

"Ha!" Tim laughed.

Damian glared at him.

"What are you going to do? Kick me under the table again."

Jon changed the subject.

"Dick, are you patrolling Bludhaven tonight? D and I wanted to shadow you."

Dick thought for a second. "I guess you two can tag along."

"Yes!" Jon replied, happily.

"But you'll have to be in bed by 9:30 so you can patrol after dinner until a quarter to 9, got it."

"Got it." Jon replied.

"Fine." Damian muttered, slowly eating his food.

Jason sat back down.

"And what do we do if I'm off patrol and Black Mask makes a move?"

Bruce took a sip of water and looked at his son. "Red Robin is more than capable of filling in."

Damian snickered, obviously about to try and diss his older brother again. Tim cut him off.

"I'm working with Spoiler this week."

"Oh, you can leave your girlfriend for a week." Jason said, rolling his eyes.

Tim glared at him. "Maybe if you actually put effort in at school you could take care of the more important things. It's selfish, really."

"Oh piss off, Tim." Jason grumbled.

"Enough." Bruce said. "Tim, you're taking Tuesday and Wednesday."

Jon and Damian excused themselves from the table.

"We're going to go suit up." Damian announced.

"No." Bruce said. "You're going to finish what's on your plate and then go and suit up."

Five minutes later, the boys made their way down to the Cave and changed into their uniforms. Jon pulled on a hat.

"Hats aren't part of the aesthetic or the uniform." Damian said.

Jon shrugged. "It's cold out there. You should wear a hat, too."

"I have a hood- see." Damian said, flipping the hood on his cape up over his head.

"Whatever floats your goat." Jon shrugged.

They did some basic stretching and waited for Dick to come downstairs.

"You ready?" He asked the boys.

"Yes!" Jon replied.

"Sure." Damian added.

"Well let me get into uniform and then we'll take off for Bludhaven."

"Cool." Jon said. "See you in a few minutes."