yall ready for ANOTHER fucking vent?

"Okay, so whoever she puts the check in front of is the designated top?"

Tom started giggling, cheeks pink. "Yep." He gave Tord a dorky, lopsided grin.

"I'd bet five bucks she'll put it in front of me, kitten." Tord gave him a smug smile.

"Oh my god, don't call me that!"
Tom tossed his straw wrapper at Tord, who swatted it away. His cheeks went red, but his grin never ceased.

Nothing's okay anymore.

Tom shook his head slightly, just to clear the thought. Right now, he had Tord in front of him. That's all that mattered.

"Tom, you've got to try the calamari in this place." A grin.

Tom blinked. "Cala... isn't that fish?"

"What?!" Tord's eyes widened. "It's fried squid! Squid, babe!"

No, different conversation, you unoriginal fuck.

"We should adopt someone as a child," Tord said, as they were just joking about parenting.

Tom giggled, grabbing a fry. Since when did that plate get there? Eh, whatever. "Uhh... who would we adopt?"

"I'd say Matt, but he's been hanging low."

Hanging low? That doesn't make sense, this isn't a website. Just... skip a few sentences.

"Edd's a possibility," Tord piped up. "I wouldn't adopt Katya, though." Tord gently tapped his finger against his chin. "That's... all the people I know."

A laugh escaped Tom's lips. "Are we settled on Edd, then?"

Tord gasped. "What about Jon?"

"Oooo, we could adopt him." Tom gave him a smile.

"Here, I'll ask."

Ugh... still not a website, Tom. Another conversation?

"Sometimes, I forget you're a year younger than me, and every time it's just a casual 'what the hell'." Tom chuckled loosely, taking a bite from his burger.

"Pedophilia!"

"No!"

They both started giggling, shaking their heads.

Fuck. You can't even get this right.

"I love you," Tom whispered delicately.

"I love you, too." Tord grinned at him.

The waitress placed the check in the middle of them. Of course she did.

They're not even a couple. Why would it matter?

They're not a couple.

Tord doesn't love you.

Tom sighed, staring up at his ceiling. So much for making him happy by daydreaming. Whose dumbass idea was it anyway?

It was yours.

He placed his hands over his head, sighing deeply as tears dropped down his cheeks. Fuck, why'd it even matter? Tord was never coming back. Edd didn't even like him anymore. Matt just tolerated him.

God, why is he even alive?

He grabbed his phone, checking the time.

It has been... one-hundred-thirty-four (134) days, eleven (11) hours, and forty-five (45) minutes since Tord last texted him. It's sad that he knows that. April 23, 2019 at exactly 7:00am. 8:00am for Tord.

Fucking hell.

He gritted his teeth, shaking his head rapidly.

You don't love him. You don't love him. You don't love him. Stop pretending you do, you attention whore. Stop, stop, stop crying you worthless bitch. You don't love him. I don't love him. I can't love him. I'm not capable of loving someone. No one is capable of loving me. I don't love him.

He blindly reached and searched for his journal. Fingers curling around the soft notebook, he pulled it closer and looked at it.

He flipped to bookmarked page.

The last entry was 134 days ago.

It just said,

'homoromantic?'

Tord was the first and last people he'd ever love. If he even loved him.

He crossed it out. He wrote the current date, followed by,

'aromantic.'

lmao there's like. two, maybe three other one shots that could easily be in the same timeline/universe as this one ¯\_()_/¯