it's raining

Rain poured onto the green grass. Trees swayed in the overbearing wind as thunder crashed down not so far away.

Tom sat on the grass, paying no mind to the cold water splashing against him. The peace the rain offered mattered much more to him than dry clothes. He hugged his knees, curled up as he watched the storm clouds. 

Footsteps crunched against the leaves, making Tom stiffen and turn his head to the left. 

Tord stood there, watching Tom as he leaned against one of the many oak trees. He blew out smoke from his mouth, his right hand holding a cigarette. Tom opened his mouth to say something, but he couldn't find any words. 

"It's raining." Tord moved closer as Tom turned back to watch the storm.

"I know," was all he could muster, shuffling awkwardly.

Tord stayed quiet for a moment as he finally settled, standing next to Tom as he, too, watched the clouds. He took another puff of the cigarette, which somehow hadn't gone out despite the weather. "You could get sick."

"I know."

A low sigh escaped Tord as he got down on his knees, just sitting next to Tom. "You haven't talked to Edd or Matt in three days."

"I know." Tom swallowed roughly.

"They're worried about you." Tord's voice stayed soft as Tom's gaze fell to the ground.

"No, they aren't."

Tord didn't respond. Instead, he wrapped an arm around Tom, pulling the boy closer. Tom didn't bother to say anything; he just rested his head against Tord's arm. The Norwegian took another drag of his cigarette. 

Thunder boomed in the distance.

"You're going to have to talk to them at some point." Tord reached up and started to massage Tom's scalp.

Tom closed his eyes. "I know."

"But you don't want to."

No point in lying. "I don't."

Tord sighed once more as Tom bit back tears. "I won't be here forever."

"I know."

"You're gonna have to let go of me at some point."

"I know." Tom gave Tord's sweatshirt a squeeze.

"But you don't want to."

"I don't."

They stayed silent as tears started to slip out from Tom's eyes. The Brit didn't do anything about them.

"I love you," Tom couldn't help but murmur.

"I know." 

Tom's eyes shot open at a loud burst of thunder. It took him a moment to realize where he was. 

His bedroom.

He glanced out the window as it poured. It must've been a dream.

With a soft sigh, he grabbed his phone.

Guess he should talk to them.

that's it lmao, it's a very vague 400 one shot