ugh

Tom shivered under his mound of blankets, breathing raspy.

He hadn't slept all night, no matter how hard he tried. He kept trying to shift his position to get comfortable, but the ache in his bones stayed no matter how hard he moved. Not to mention, it was fucking freezing despite the three blankets on top of him.

He better not be sick.

Suddenly, there was a knock at his door, but he couldn't even muster up the energy to flinch.

"Tim? Can I come in?" Matt called through the door, leaning against it.

A groan escaped Tom's lips as he managed to pull himself up into a sitting position, taking an unhealthy amount of effort. "Yeah."

With that, Matt entered the room, looking at Tom with a cheery grin. "We're gonna go out for lunch. Edd wants to know if you're coming."

Tom rubbed his eye, looking up at Matt with pure exhaustion. "Am I allowed to say no?"

A grin spread across Matt's face. "Well, you know Edd."

Tom sighed deeply. "Kay. I'll... come out in, like, ten minutes."

"Kay!" Matt turned around and left the room, politely closing the door behind him. God bless Matt.

He slowly managed to get himself out of bed, standing up by using the bed as a support. His legs ached underneath him, taking a deep breath. He practically stumbled his way to dresser, which had a small mirror on it. He reached for his hair brush, cringing at the pain in his arm from the stretch.

Eh. He's probably fine.

He managed to brush his hair, though there were some knots he didn't have the strength to brush through. Though, he looked fine enough; it wasn't too obvious. He then just grabbed his sweatshirt, tossing it over his shirt. He didn't bother to change out of his jeans; it'd take too much effort.

Practically stumbling out to the living room, he looked around at the chatty gang. They didn't seem to notice him, so he just cleared his throat, catching their attention.

"Finally! Were you asleep?" Edd said as he grabbed his keys, twirling it around his fingers as Tom just shrugged.

"Nah. I couldn't sleep for the life of me." He gave Edd a tired grin, and the man seemed to accept that.

Tord gently elbowed Tom's side, smirking. "He was probably up all night crying over his lack of a girlfriend," he mocked, expecting a sharp jab back.

Instead, Tom just stayed quiet, making Tord frown.

The gang made their way out to the car, Tom lagging behind. Tord laughed, trying to rile him up more by giving him a gentle push. Still, Tom didn't react despite stumbling a few feet forward, making Tord grunt in annoyance.

What's his fucking deal?

They got into the car, Matt and Edd in the front, with the two chaotic bitches stuck in the back. Tom shivered as he leaned against the mirror, crossing his arms and trying to warm himself up. He hated being cold.

Everyone chatted on the way there as Tom closed his eyes, trying to focus on his breathing. His body seemed to drag him down, aching and burning while still feeling extremely cold.

Ugh.

Finally, they made it to the restaurant. Tom honest to god didn't even know which restaurant it was; he couldn't focus enough to catch the name.

He swayed a little bit as he stepped out of the car, gently closing the door behind him. He stepped slowly as they started walking into the building, the rest of them chatting happily and not noticing Tom.