how cute part one

warning: i have No Idea how normal siblings act or how sports work, i am so sorry

"Absolutely not, Ingrid!" Tord said in exasperation as she let out a whine.

"Come on, Tord, please?" she begged, placing her hands on Tord's desk and leaning over him. "It's my freshman year, and you know I'm shy."

He shook his head, glaring at his younger sister. "I know that, but I am not going to join the book club for you. I'm already in the football team." He leaned back in his chair, papers sprawled over his desk.

Her bottom lip pursed as her eyes widened, giving him her best puppy dog eyes. "Please? It can't be that bad. You could do both!" 

"I could, but my friends..." He glanced up at her, letting out a soft sigh. He had to say no and stand his ground. A jock senior joining the book club? He'd be the laughing stock of the team!

She leaned in closer, making him groan.

"Fine."

A shout escaped her as she raised her hands in the air out of excitement. "Thank you!" She quickly wrapped her arms around Tord, earning another groan as he pushed her off.

"Go away! I need to wallow in my decision for awhile." He face-planted on his desk as she quickly ran out of his room.

Fuck his life. High school could suck his dick.

____

He stood outside the door of  2225, tapping his foot impatiently as he waited for Ingrid. She had asked him to come in with her, so now he leaned against the wall waiting for her.

His first couple of days had been fine. Football practice had gone fine, and his friends were surprisingly chill with the fact he joined the book club for his lil sis. First, Eduardo wanted to mock Ingrid for being a nerd, but Tord quickly shut that shit down (even if he hated his sister). 

Whoops.

Finally, Ingrid practically stumbled from the hallway. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun, which made Tord perk his eyebrow, as her hair hadn't been put up in the morning. 

"Who are you trying to impress?" Tord teased, leaning over Ingrid with a smug grin. 

She glared up at him, tugging at the collar of her dark gray, too big sweater. "Nobody, I'm just trying to keep my crippling anxiety at bay." 

Tord blinked, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Fair enough. You ready to go in?"

With a nod, she pushed in front of him and grabbed the handle, opening it up. 

The room didn't seem too full. A few people sat at the seats, books already out. The teacher sat at her desk, typing away at her computer. She only noticed them when Tord walked in and let the door close behind him.

"Oh, hello!" She gave them a smile, leaning back into her chair. "I'm Mrs. Smith. You're here for the book club, right?"

Ingrid took a step back and gripped her backpack strap. Tord nearly rolled his eyes but managed to suppress it as he offered the teach a smile. "Yep. We're Tord and Ingrid Larum."

"Yes, yes!" She nodded vigorously, grabbing two papers from her desk and handing them to the duo. "This is just the paper for the club or whatever. It says what books we'll be reading for the school year. For this week, we're just reading whatever we'd like so anyone new can join."

Tord nodded as he grabbed the papers, handing one to Ingrid. "That sounds wonderful."

"Of course. You may sit wherever." She leaned back in her chair, offering them a light smile. He nodded and practically led Ingrid to one of the chairs.