Chapter 33

Chapter 33

A few weeks had passed since the night Audrey overslept at Ethan's place. Ethan was on his way to his office. He recalled back and felt that he was falling for Audrey more than he realized. They had been regularly seeing each other after work and went for multiple date nights. Once, they decided to change their usual fancy dinner date to a mini golf course, which Audrey initiated stating that she wanted to try something new. Ethan reluctantly agreed after her relentless whining and pleading. They went to the mini golf course with him wearing a white Nike golf shirt, long dark grey pants and a pair of black Under Armour sport shoes.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this casual when we go out. It's nice, isn't it?" She smiled being her cheeky self striding in her long grey polo shirt, a short white skirt, finished with a pair of white Nike sport shoes.

"Do you know how to play golf?" She asked still trying to find her perfect putter.

"Yeah. And I'm good at it." He smirked holding his putter for a good ten minutes while still waiting for her. Finally, she found the perfect putter, took their golf ball and started at hole one. He allowed her to take the first shot and the ball stopped closely to the hole. She stepped aside allowing his turn to hit the ball. He took his aim and hit the ball and made a stop close to her ball was.

"Really? Good at it? Up for a bet? How about the loser will eat a really hot chili!" She said as her face lit up with excitement and took aim at her ball which went straight to the hole.

"You sure you can handle the heat, Miss chef? Fine with me if you are." He responded taking his turn and made the ball to the hole as well.

"Great! Damn." She hit and the ball bounced a couple of times against the kerb to halt way too far from the hole. Taking his turn, he hit the ball making its way smoothly straight into the hole.

"What! That's just luck! Hmph!" She pouted and continued the game which went terribly. She was almost 15 points away from him and there were only three holes left. She hit the ball reluctantly knowing her fateful consequences and luckily it went straight into the hole, instinctively she made her happy dance. Ethan watched in amusement and just as he was about to hit the ball, she suddenly yelled loudly, which unfortunately made him hit the ball out of course and back to hole 7.

"Damn woman. That's cheating!" He complained looking at her grinning face.

"Stop! No touching! If your hand touch the ball, you lose." She pointed out strictly, her face still grinning.

"You sneaky little minx. I didn't know you played dirty." He tried to hit the ball and again at the same time, she coughed so loudly which made him missed and she laughed her hearts out that tears trickled from her eyes.

"Are you done? Your turn, chipmunk." He stood there waiting patiently till her laughter died down and knew his next move. She took her position cautiously knowing that he would try to scare her and made her missed her shot. True enough, she ended up losing by five points behind because she was just helpless in playing golf while he was way too good at playing golf. Strongminded that he was able to focus on his game despite the various other tricks she tried.

She, being the loser, held out the chili in her left hand, a glass of milk on the other and cried from the heat of the devil.

"You're so mean! I hate you!" She retorted sighing from the heat that still lingers in her mouth. Although, he took pity of her and help by taking a bite of the hot chili which he instantly regretted. They laughed in tears as the heat of the spice lingers and at their silliness. He never allowed himself free and laughed this hard before, he never knew the warmth she radiated might actually made him feel through his numb heart. That was a great date he recalled, as he finally arrived in front of his office building. Ethan walked into his office looking at his raging father.

"The deals are off, Ethan. How do you explain that! Get yourself together, for God's sake! We need that deal, make it happen whatever it takes or I will take away my share from this company!" Keane Loyd banged the table fuming due to the failed deal between the Jenkins and Loyd.

"I will fix this father. I will find a better deal than the Jenkins, they have been corrupted by the Russell's and I will not make a deal with them." Ethan seethed.

"Fine! Close this deal and make sure you get this done before we take over the Pullman company!"

"Damn it, son! That chef girl is causing you to lose your focus! Don't get your heart involve with a girl! She's just like the other women! She'd played you just like your mother did." He added.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that! She's nothing like her!" He defended as his father threw a few pictures on the table.

"I knew you won't believe my words for it. You were getting close to that girl, don't you think your father won't try to find out who might be his daughter in law. You chose wrong!" He adamantly stated and walked out the door. He lifted the pictures on the table and was filled with rage. It was a picture of her and Cale sitting together over coffee and the date shows that it was taken a week ago. He warned her not to see him again and yet she lied straight to his face and meet him behind his back.

"Give me all the report on Pullman. I want it on my desk before noon!" He spoke on the intercom and clicked it off. He was distracted and did not notice that Cale had been scheming to break his deal with the Jenkins. He was not disappointed that he lost the deal, in fact, he was grateful that the deal was off because he could not trust the Jenkins ever since they merged with the Russell corporation. He was aggravated that Cale had to be scheming behind his back on this project and he did not realized it. He was losing focus and that almost cost him billions of dollars. He needed to gain his concentration and set his priorities straight.

========================

Thank you so much for your support. I hope you enjoy this story.

Would you rather have a fancy dinner or a game of mini golf for a date?? Do leave a comment.

Have a great and wonderful day!! Few chapters remaining till this book is finished!!! Can't wait or too fast??