4 - sweet sleepless nights

Joong entered their home with food take outs in his hands. He saw Nine comfortably laying down on the couch, scrolling on his phone.

Nine was paying attention. His ears had somewhat intensified it's hearing abilities since he cannot see Joong from where he is at.

"P-P'Nine.. I got us food." Joong said as an invitation for Nine to eat dinner with him.

"Y-yeah. Okay." Nine answered, trying his best to sound nonchalant.

They sat and ate in silence. Both are trying to avoid any conversation that may lead back to this afternoon's event.

Nine was brushing his teeth when Joong walked in and reached for his toothbrush on the sink. Nine stepped a few inches away to distance himself from him. Joong started brushing his teeth and Nine suddenly felt concious of his movements. He stared at Joong's reflection.

Is he looking at me?

Soon Nine noticed that Joong was copying his movements. When he stopped brushing so did Joong. He rinsed off and left the bathroom. Weirded off of what is happening. He laid down on the bed.

I just need to stay away from the gremlin and everything will be fine.

Nine hugged his pillow tightly.

Ahhhh. So soft and so fragrant.

Nine closed his eyes.

"That's my pillow P'Nine." Joong spoke out of nowhere shocking Nine.

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Nine asked as he clutched on his chest.

"Yes P'. I am." He answered.

"You were sniffing my pillow P'Nine. Do you like my scent?" The question was followed by a grin.

Nine felt like he was stuck by lightning. He immediately threw the pillow on Joong's side of the bed.

"N-no."

Joong dive on the bed and faced Nine who didn't know what to do or what to say. Joong was giving him the "i-knew-it"
smirk.

Nine turned away and pulled his blanket over him in a last attempt to avoid looking at Joong.

Not a blink. Nine couldn't sleep a wink to save his own life. He starts to get frustrated specially when he can hear a light snore beside him.

Under the blanket he recalled the kiss that they shared this afternoon.

It's all in the script. It's okay.

Sh*t. It's not. It's really not.

Why am I this affected? This gremlin seems cool about it.

If he was then why did he left earlier?

Nine messes up his own hair and grunted in annoyance.

"P'Nine you're so noisy." Joong complained.

A strong pull from Joong's hand yanked Nine out of his blanket. He yelped and landed on top of Joong. His heart pounded and his lungs almost exploded.

"Sshh.. P'Nine go to sleep." Joong commanded with closed eyes, half asleep.

He pushed both his arms against Joong's chest so he could get off on top of him but his strenght was no match than that of the half asleep Joong.

Nine attempted a few times but Joong's arms was glued to his waist.

"Sleep P'Nine." And just like that Joong started snoring again.

"Joong! Let me go!" Nine demanded but was unheard.

He sighed and rests his head on Joong's chest in defeat. Nine shifted on top of Joong like a cat, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep.

Nine felt Joong's hand on his back, gently rubbing him. He was slowly being lulled to sleep. Nine closed his eyes and drifted off, the calming sensation had sent him to dreamland.

When Nine's breathing was steady and calm, finally asleep, Joong smiled as he continue to gently caress his back.