11 - the morning after

Nine stumbled to the bathroom. He woke up with a pounding headache. He barely recalls what happened last night.

What? This is.. I'm in.. Why am I here?

He spins, looking around the room as if the answer is written on the wall somewhere. Nine slowly sits on the cold marble floor. He can feel his stomach flipping upside down. He opened the toilet bowl and let out all the alcohol he consumed in a horrifying vomit.

"P'Nine? P'Nine are you okay?" Joong entered the bathroom. He pats his back gently.

Nine shakes his head.

Joong went to the tub and opened the faucet for both cold and hot water.

Is he going to take a bath right now?

Seriously Joong.

When the tub was filled with warm water, Joong helped Nine to his feet and proceeded on taking off Nine's shirt.

Nine shrieked and slapped Joong in the chest.

"What are you doing? Are you a pervert now? Is that who you are now?" Nine hugs himself protectively.

Joong blushed and scratches his head.

"No P'Nine. You have to get in the tub and take a warm bath. It'll help with the hangover." Joong explains as Nine stares at him suspiciously.

"I guess you have to do it yourself. I'll be in the kitchen." Joong chuckles and he exited the bathroom.

Nine sighed. He can feel his brain being hammered. He took off his clothes and submerged himself on the warm water.

The gremlin was right. I feel a little bit better now.

In the kitchen, Joong was cooking pancakes. He also prepared a bowl of fresh fruits and a hot cocoa for Nine.

He sat on the couch waiting for Nine to come out of the bedroom. When minutes turned to almost an hour, Joong got worried and decided to check on him.

He knocked on the door but he only heard a grunt. Joong peeked through and saw Nine lying face down on the bed.

"P'Nine? Are you sleeping again?" Joong asked while observing Nine on his pillow.

"Joong.. I don't feel so good." Nine said in a muffled voice.

"You drank too much last night."

Nine tried his best to flip on his back like a starfish so he may see Joong.

"I blacked out last night." Nine said. He started massaging his temples.

"Ha?!" Joong felt like he was splashed with cold water in the face. Nine doesn't remember, Joong felt a little bit sad but he thought that this is another blessing in disguise.

"Why? Did I do something bad last night? Were you even there?" Nine asked.

"You uhhm.. you said we're okay now." Joong bit his lips before he could say anything.

"I did?" Nine asked in disbelief.

"Yes.. Yes you did P'Nine.." Joong answered as he clears his throat.

"Let's have breakfast." Joong changes the topic altogether.

"I can't walk. I'm feeling dizzy. My knees feels like a jelly."

"Would like me to carry you P'Nine?" Joong extended both his arms to Nine.

Nine only stared at him refusing to voice out his answer.

"I'm only allowing you to help me because I'm really hungry."

"Oho! No need to be defensive P'Nine." Joong teases as he swoops Nine off the bed.

"I'm not d-defensive.." Nine punches Joong's chest lightly.

"I haven't eaten since yesterday morning." He tells Joong.

Nine devoured the breakfast and Joong was happy that his Nine had ate everything he prepared for him.

"Joong.. I w-want to sit on the couch."

And just like that, Joong carried him all the way to the living room.

"I'm just gonna take a shower P'Nine"

When Joong entered their bedroom and was nowhere in sight, Nine let out a breath of relief. He's been having palpitations from all the carrying stunt Joong was doing for him.

Everything was still spinning for him but he was feeling better compared to how he was when he woke up.

I am never going to drink again. Ever. I hate it. I've decided. Never again.

He opened his phone. Their Line group chat had tons of notifications. He tapped on the group icon and scrolled to the unread chats from Ben, Earth, Dome and Pavel.

What. Is. This.

It was sent by Pavel with demon emojis on it. Nine stared at a thumbnail of a video with him holding a microphone.

Did I sing again? My drunk voice isn't for singing.

Oh no. I must have embarassed myself. I can only sing well when I'm sober.

He tapped on the thumbnail to play the video.

Nine watched himself grab the microphone from the DJ. The music stopped on the video and it looks like everyone's eyes was on him.

"I like Joong!"

Nine's eyes opened wide in horror as he witnessed what he just did in the video.

Nine squealed so loud that Joong had heard it from the bathroom.

In less than three seconds Joong was literally in front of Nine, clutching on the towel around his waist. Bubbles of shampoo in his hair and his body dripping wet.

"What happened P'Nine?"

Nine stared at Joong's lower body that had suddenly appeared out of nowhere. When he realized how close to his face it was, Nine squealed even louder.