12 - enough is enough

Joong and Nine sat on both ends of the couch away from one another. They would steal glances at each other trying to find the right words to say.

"Uhhm.. So you like me P'Nine?" Joong asked with his fingers crossed.

Nine glared at him.

"It was just a prank." He answered sassily, hinting on what Joong had done before.

"Ha? No P'Nine. You were drunk-"

"E-exactly. I w-was drunk. Yes. Drunk. There's your answer."

"No. I meant you were too drunk to pull a prank on me last night. And besides, we weren't really on speaking terms. You were mad at me." Joong said, his voice fading as if he was scared to remind Nine that they weren't okay.

"What do you mean 'I was mad at you'? I'm still mad at you." He crossed his arms.

"P'Nine.. I'm sorry.."

There was a slight moment of silence.

"Can I be honest with you P'Nine?" Joong asked.

"I don't know Joong. Can you?" Nine answered sarcastically.

Joong messed up his hair in frustration. His Nine wasn't cooperating.

"Can you just listen to me for a second P'Nine?"

"Why would I do that? So you can pull another prank on me?"

Joong moved closer to Nine. And Nine's breathing immediately hitched.

"Please P'Nine.."

"No. You know what, I should get going." Nine stood up.

Before he can react, he was swooped up by Joong and carried into their bedroom. He was wailing and punching Joong's shoulder but he was just monstrously strong for him.

"LET ME GO!"

Nine bounced on the bed and Joong pinned his hands above his head.

"You will listen to me whether you like it or not P'Nine."

"I don't like it-"

Nine felt Joong's lips on his own. He was caught off guard. He was stunned. Joong's lips was warm and soft against his. In less than a second Nine found himself responding to Joong.

When their lips had separated, Joong stared at him and Nine stared back surprised and his eyes full of question.

"I like you P'Nine. I really do." Joong looked at Nine under him waiting for him to respond.

"P'Nine? Say something."

Nine was lost for words. Yes, he still likes Joong, very much. But he wasn't going to make it easy for him.

"Okay." He said and then looked away.

"Ha? What is okay?" Joong asked, baffled at Nine's answer.

"I don't know. You told me to say something. I said something." Nine replied in sarcasm.

"P'Nine.. I'm serious.. " Joong said frustratedly, whining that Nine was being uncooperative.

"Tell me you like me too.." He whispered almost pleading at Nine.

"Why would I tell you that?" Nine responded acting all annoyed at Joong.

Joong was taken aback, like he realized he just made the biggest mistake of his life. He let go of Nine's hands. He sat and moved away from Nine.

He wore the sad smile that Nine never wanted to see.

"So you don't like me.."

Joong nodded as if he understood the situation before him.

"I just thought.. Sorry. Maybe I imagined it all in my head. Sorry if I have offended you with the kiss P'Nine." Joong opened his closet and started packing his things in his luggage.

"W-what are you doing?" Nine was almost too afraid to ask.

"Are you g-going somewhere?" He tried his best to sound unaffected.

"I'm leaving P'Nine. I'll go back to my aunt's house." Joong answered not even bothering to look at him. He just continued on stuffing the luggage with his clothes.

"W-why? You can stay here.. I c-can stay at Ben's-"

Nine was shock when Joong forcefully threw his shirt inside on the bag.

"I like you, I may not fully realized it back then but all I know is I want to be close to you. The pranks and jokes? So you would notice me. And now that I know, you don't like me, leaving you alone is the right thing to do. I caused you enough trouble." Joong went back to packing. He felt stupid and desperate to trust his gut when it turned out to be just his imagination.

Nine watched Joong zip up the luggage, he felt guilty.

Joong dragged the luggage outside their bedroom. Nine followed, conflicted on what he wants to do and what he wants Joong to see.

Halfway out the door, Joong felt a tug on the hem of his shirt. He looked back and saw Nine holding on to it while staring at the floor.

"Joong.. I never s-said that I.. I didn't like you." Nine nibbled on his lips trying to get every word out.

He looked at Joong and when he met his gaze he rapidly avoided it. And in a soft and pleading voice he said;

"Joong.. Don't go.."