Chapter 1 - Division

Miles in second slide

Edited

Miles POV 🏳️

"Aww look it's the kid who can't shift" someone sneered out at me while I walked down the halls of school. I was bullied constantly for my inability to shift.

Or so they think.

When I first shifted into my animal I was alone, in the forest, I had told my parents I was gonna visit a friend before running towards the woods. I felt something weird in the coming weeks of my shift, so I knew roughly when it was gonna come. The thing with animals shifts is that you don't know when your gonna shift, it's a not matter of turning 18, it's just a matter of when and for me it was when I was 16.

I vaguely remember the shift being painful, the reason for my fuzzy memory is because I haven't shifted since. I don't want people to find out my animal, not even my family knows, all they know is that I can't shift and I want it to stay that way. I didn't want to disappoint my family if the knew, my parents are carnivore shifters as well as my sister and they've been very vocal about wanting my animal to be a carnivore.

sorry to disappoint.

Anyway back to school, I would get harassed a lot, people would tell that my mate would reject me the moment they'd see me. I wouldn't take it to heart at first, but after seeing my shift, there's no doubt in my mind that he'd find me retched. I knew my mate would be a male, considering I was gay, but life has its ways. I'd be turning 18 today which could mean I'd find my mate. I in particular am terrified, I don't want to be publicly rejected, everyone in this school knows me as the 'Kid who can't shift' don't add 'Kid who can't shift who's also been rejected by his mate'

I don't really have friends so I'm very much a loner, the one person who does talk to me is my sister, Madeline. She's a senior, and also extremely popular because of her carnivore status in school, she's a blue viper shift, why couldn't my animal be like hers, beautiful, slender, graceful. You might be wondering, she's a carnivore so what? Well that's the thing our school is based off of a diet hierarchy

1. Carnivores
2. Omnivores
3. Herbivores

Carnivores and some omnivores dominate the social standings in this school, as herbivores stay on the sidelines. One carnivore In particular Jaden Endrizzi, oh my god he's perfect. He looks like a grown  man and we're still in highschool. His hair is black along with those soul piercing green eyes, and high cheekbones, combine that with his angled nose and sharper than life jawline and you have Jaden. Not to mention his shift, he's a tiger shifter, and fuck if that isn't the sexiest thing ever.

He usually hangs out with two other hot ass cat shifters. Ty Caron, a lion shifter and Brendon Antonich with his leopard shifter. And you wanna know the best part, they're all gay! I know isn't that great! I have a tiny insignificant chance of being with one of them, the percentage to being mated with one of them is even lower, but ehh one can dream am I right.

Im not trying to get my hopes up by being mated with one of them *cough preferably Jaden cough* I'm trying to be pragmatic here.

~

My first 3 periods go by in a flash, fourth makes my palm sweat. I sit right next to Jaden so you know the irony of it all. I hope he doesn't notice me looking at him, this is the closest I'll ever be to sex itself so I savor it while it lasts for. "Why are you looking at me?" Jaden said smirking, Oh my god he saw me, I rip my eyes away from him and lowered my head in the table to hide my embarrassment.

"Miles I suggest your raise your head and pay attention to the board" the Ms.Beggie said, very annoyed with me, I think she secretly hates me because I can't shift. The whole class snickers at me being called out except for Jaden who glared at the Ms.Beggie.