Chapter 13 - Friends?

Unedited, sorry for the grammar mistakes

Miles POV 🏳

"Don't be nervous Miles, it's just school, besides Kyson misses you" Madeline said. I found out that Madeline's mate was Kyson, and I will admit I was a little out of hand when they told me but I wasn't in a position to say anything since they kept reminding me about how I was screaming when I was on Jaden.

Assholes.

It's been a month since Pasco tried to kill me and everyone and I mean everyone, thinks it's time I go back to school. I was bit hesitant but I gave in "Just let me get dressed and I'll meet you downstairs" I already took a shower last night before I slept so I figured I didn't have to take one this morning. "Ugh, What am I even gonna wear?!" I groaned out. "Something enticing, I want Jaden to ravish us" I roll my eyes at Shifts idea.

I decided to wear a simple white t-shirt and black skinny jeans just so it makes my life a bit easier in campus, by that I mean Jaden won't be groping me as much. I'll be honest I like it, but it gets annoying when he make me moan in public spaces and everyone looks at me.

Once I made it to the campus grounds I looked for Jaden and everyone else. It's been a while since I've been in school so I don't know what to expect, do people know I have a shift? Do they not? What happened Pasco, how about the Twins? My whole body is rigid with what to expect, I even have goosebumps forming only my skin.

It's didn't take long since literally the moment I walk in campus someone shoved me aside "No shift is back" she muttered out peevishly. I got a series of stares as I walked to my locker, I just curled into myself and rubbed my arms uncomfortably. Please no one walk up to me, no one walk up to me, please!

Pasco bumps into me.

He was looking downcast with a melancholy expression etched on his face. He still has small bruises and cuts on him, but overall he's healed. All the color drained from his face when he looks up at me and he stumbles back.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you, I- I'll leave you alone just please don't hurt me!" He cried out. My brows furrowed in confusion. I raised my hand in a friendly gesture in order to show that I'm passive but he whimpered with his eyes closed, cowering in fear.

His erratic and fearful behaviors began to attract attention from students and teachers alike. "Why are you scared of the no shift Pasco?" A guy teased, Pasco snaps his head to him "He has a shift! Can't you see it?! He nearly fucking killed me!" He screamed. Others began to poke fun at Pasco and he spirals into further loss with reality, screaming and crying out in anger and fear. He began a to hyperventilate and clutched his chest heavily before getting backed to a wall by the crowd of students. By this point he was sobbing hysterically, begging for the students to leave him alone.

I need to help him.

He might have tried to kill me multiple times, but I just can't bare to just watch someone who needs help. "Ready when you are" I nodded mentally before taking off all my clothes and tying it to my backpack, besides my boxers and shifting into shift. "COMING THROUGH BITCHES" the earth shook as I came barreling through the crowd and met pasco who was rocking back and forth, It seems someone threw something at him since he was soaking wet. I gently picked him up with my mouth to help him escape, he yelps in surprise before I ran off.

"I don't wanna die!" He cried out. I mentally roll my eyes, someone come get their mate already, I'm tired of his complaining. Once I was certain we were clear, I gently and slowly dropped Pasco, who was whimpering and crying with tears streaming down his eyes. "I'm not gonna hurt you" I deadpanned. He slowly looks up to meet me in my boxers,
he squeals in surprise before hiding his face again.