Chapter 4 - Fight

Edited

@mmsmit shout out the queen herself for the little Easter egg in this one

Miles POV 🏳

It was Monday, school.

I wanna cry.

Walking to school I was still feeling all fuzzy inside from what happened on our date, after us angrily pleasuring each other in the bathroom, our date actually went surprisingly well, he ended up talking about wanting kittens. He would reassure me that he loved me, even if I couldn't have kids, but I felt so guilty for not having the ability anyway. He was passionate talking about it, I sat there agreeing and smiling when in the back of my head I knew he was just being nice that an infertile was mated to him.

Out of nowhere someone threw a small rock at my forehead, it nicks me and I start bleeding. "Freak!" I look to the road and see Pasco with his henchmen on a convertible, spewing really hateful nasty stuff at me. When they drove passed, I waited till they were out of sight to let the tears out.

I wiped the blood off my forehead wincing slightly at the pain and just kept walking, tears falling slowly. I didn't do anything to them so why do they hate me? I think about for a few minute before I come to a consensus with myself. I just need to suck it up, this is my life I should get use to it by now, being an outcast has it perks but the negatives are forever their whether I like it or not.

Pretty soon I could see the school in the far distance. I would've went with Madeline but shes ditching, because of her status in school she tends to skip every now and than and she gets away with it. It's not fair, one time I had the cold so I couldn't go.  When I came back a day later, school officials dug into me. I had 30 minutes detention in one class cause they thought I used my sickness as an excuse to miss a test, and in another I was given MORE work because I was absent!

Entering school, I was instantly engulfed in a hug, I know that hypnotizing musk and sandalwood smell anywhere, it's Jaden. He kisses my head "Hey Bean!" He chirped in my hair. He pulls away and looks at me, happiness and love in his eyes. Than it changes, his eyes turn a vibrant shade of orange and his face becames stern.

"Who did that to you?" He gritted out, he was looking at my forehead cut, I could practically feel the anger radiating off him. "Oh it's nothing Jaden, really" He raises an eyebrow at me, maintaining his serious expression, "Miles, tell me" I sigh. "I-it was Pasco and his friends" I said softly. His nose flares and his fist clenches, "Please don't hurt them! It was just an accident!" I pleaded, he huffs "I'm not making any promises" he grumbles out.

His eyes soften and he gently examines the cut "Does it hurt" he asked. I just shook my head, "Not anymore" he cups my face and kisses my forehead. "I love you bean" I pur in his chest like cat, trust me my shift is not a cat, cats hate water whereas mine loves it. "I love you too" I whispered out in his chest.

He walks me to class with an arm around my waist, scowling at anyone who even glanced at me than held me tighter against him. I thought it was kinda cute, one girl tried talking to me and Jaden just looked at her, with so much power emanating off his gaze that she started tearing up and ran from us.

Entering first, the teacher told us it was a study period so we could prepare for our test, naturally no one did and everyone start moving tables and chatting. I stood up and went over to Ty and Jaden who were already deep in a conversation.

"I'm just saying I want Leo to wake up already, this chapter has me in a rollercoaster of emotion, but I'm glad he's dead" What in the hell are they talking about? "Exactly! I just read it too! I'm so happy they didn't help him! He fucking deserved after what he put Kayden through" Jaden replied. "What are you guys talking about?" Jaden and Ty turn to me surprised that I got here without them noticing. "Oh hey bean, we were just talking about this book on Wattpad, it's called 'Yes Sir' and it's amazing!" I giggle at his excited rambling I don't even now what Wattpad is.

~

Lunch! Finally, I thought it would never come. I didn't have anyone I knew in my fourth period so I just headed straight to the cafeteria. Nearing the cafeteria door I heard chanting on the other side.

What's going on?

I put my ear at the door, "Get him Jaden! Get him Jaden! Get him Jaden!" The crowd shouted out. My heart drops at the realization, he's fighting them. I burst through the cafeteria door, I'm met with Jaden straddled above one of the twins as he punches them in the face. Behind him was the other twin and Pasco, both knocked out cold as blood drips out of there nose and swollen lips. "You think you can hurt my mate like that!?" He screamed at him. "I'm sorry!" He whimpered out. He continued punching him as his friends watch in horror, I need to do something!

I push past people who began to obstruct my view, I need to get to Jaden. After shoving people out the way, I make it to the inner circle, running and kneeling next to him I shake his shoulder trying to get him off the poor guy. He growls at me, his fist ready to punch me. I squeal in surprise and fell back, I tucked my knees under my chin and cowered in fear.

Than his eyes widen in realization and he drops his hands, rushing towards me. "Bean! I didn't mean it, I thought you were another one!" He tried explaining. "You almost hit me" I whimper out, "I know I'm sorry, I would never hurt you intentionally you know that" he cooed. I slowly let my knees down and he swoops down and hugs me tightly, "I'm sorry Bean" he soothed.

  "Your hands have blood on them Jaden, I'm wearing white" I whispered. "Sorry, blood won't stop me from hugging my perfect little mate, I'll just get you a new shirt" he answered, I grumbled out before embracing him. Besides the whole blood I loved this, I don't care that we're in the middle of a crowd watching us, he's perfect.

Than the speaker turns on.

"Miles Ailor, Jaden Endrizzi, Pasco Chuveli, Micheal and Ryan Smith to the principals office" We groan in unison. walking out of the cafeteria bloody hand in bloody hand. Setting foot in the room, we're met with a furious principal, a vein popping out of his forehead as he grinds his teeth together. "What the hell was that Jaden? I expect more from you! You're my star student and you go around beating people up? I'll let this slide" his attention snaps to me "As for you Miles I'm not surprised, how dare you give Jaden a reason to fight! I'm suspending you for a week, as for you Jaden, 3 days of after school detention" Our eyes widen and my jaw drops. That's not fair! I didn't even do anything, just because Jadens a carnivore shift he gets off easier? He's the one who knocked out 3 people for fuck sake! Not me!

"With all due respect, don't punish Miles he didn't do anything, just give me the week suspension instead" The principal, laughs "Jaden you can't be serious right! I mean come on, Miles is not.. normal!" I'm shocked by the blatant insult. "Excuse me?!" Jaden gritted out. "You heard me Jaden, Miles is nothing but a lowlife who can't shift!" The principal was laughing, LAUGHING. "Excuse me I need to go outside for a bit" I whispered. I stood up from my seat and tried to leave, but the moment my hand touched the doorknob I heard a loud crack.

I look behind me, the principal is screaming in pain, clutching his nose. "Fuck you! Don't you dare talk about my mate like that, he is one hundred times the man you will ever be! Insult him again, I'd gladly take on that wolverine of yours with my tiger" he spat.

He turned and left, he held my hand and pulled me with him. "Where are we going?" I asked quietly, "Out if this school, I'm not letting you deal with those bigoted assholes anymore, so what if you can't shift! I love you regardless remember that, don't let anyone tell you you're any less cause you're not. I hate this subconscious hierarchy our town has. If we went anywhere else, this whole carnivores should be on top, herbivores and no shifts on the bottom, nonsense wouldn't exist!" By the time his ranting had ended we were at his car.

He opens the door for me before closing it and walking to his side. "Thanks Jaden, but he's ri-" He cuts me off by kissing my lips, when he pulls away he looks at me "Stop, I'm not listening to you agreeing with that old geezer ok? He doesn't know what he's talking about" Oh if only you knew the truth Jaden.

____________________________________

It's done sorry for the filler chapter ❤️❤️

Comment and vote telling me you're thoughts
on this chapter.

Sorry if it's super boring I'll slice it up next time.

Bai ❤️❤️🌸