Chapter 10 - Caught

UNEDITED AND VERY UGLY  3 AM WRITING, BE WARNED

Miles POV 🏳

"Stop being stupid Miles get the blueberry jelly" My Shift needs the shut up. "Last time I checked I was a sleep for a couple of years, the least you could do is get blueberry jelly" I groan, we're in the grocery store getting food and I'm arguing with my shift on which jelly to get. 'But I want strawberry jelly!' I whined. "Don't make me put images of naked Jaden in here, I know your weakness bitch" I'm being threatened in my own body, great.

'No! That's fine! I'll get blueberry, you fucking psycho' He chuffs happily 'Hold up, why the hell are you chuffing? You're not a tiger?" He starts giggling "I'm trying to imagine what a certain tiger shifter sounds like getting his dick rode by a certain mystery shifter" kill me, I can't get a break from horny ass people and my own shifter apparently. 'Shut up! All you think about is sex!'

"With a mate like Jaden and a shifter like Isla who wouldn't?" Ughh, God give me a break. 'Also I feel like shifting, you better run to the woods or I'm exploding out of you" I freeze 'What?! No! You can't, why would you do that?!' I yelled "Either you tell the world you can shift or I will, make a choice. This whole idea that everyone will hate you has to stop. Am I really that bad as Shift?" I can't call or text anyone, I'm the only person who knows the truth. "So yeah, I'm shifting whether you like it or not" I tried arguing but he blocked me out, what an ass!

Buying all the things I needed for the grocery store, I quickly drive towards the forest, I haven't shifted in years.

Parking on the side of the road I sprint inside the dense foliage and remove my clothes. As soon as the process begins, the pain hits me and I suppress my screams of pain. 'IT HURTS!' I cry out "Calm down you big baby, it's cause I got bigger, much bigger" The pain increases and I collapse on all fours. I felt the cracking of my bones as they shape themselves into my shift, expanding and restricting to fit the size they need to. When the process was done, I felt weird.

We stayed like that for 70 minutes, it felt great being in my shift actually, I took dips in the nearby lake and just hung out with my Shift, okay that sounded weird but you get the idea. Shifting back wasn't nearly as painful. I change back into my clothes "Ahh, that felt good" I sigh in comfort.

*Clap

*Clap

*Clap

"Well well well, it seems our defenseless no shift isn't so defenseless after all?" Pasco spat. My head snaps behind me, shit.

"Why a-are you here Pasco?" I asked nervously. "Me? Oh, I was just taking a stroll, but this is way more exciting, no?" shoving me and I fall on my butt, I scoot back till my back hits a tree. He walks towards me at a slow and menacing pace. "You knows it'd be such a shame if your precious mate found out?" He mocked. All the color drains from my face as the words settle in.

"Please, don't tell him!" I begged, he spits on me. "Retched, I should of been mated to him! Not you! Now I'll show him who he should really be going after" he pulls a video of me shifting back. No, he can't find out, "P-please! D-don't show him" I whimpered out.

"Oh it's gonna be great! How about this? I'll be honest, I still don't really know what your shift is since you were in the human stages by the time I got here, but it won't matter. Jaden will leave you and go with me when he finds out how much of a fucking liar you are!" He spat.

"You're crazy!" I yell, his eyes bore into my soul, "Me?! Crazy?! Why you!" He grabs me and pulls me up by my arms, dragging me. "Miles! He's getting awfully close to that cliff!" He threw me at the edge, falling on my knees and hands. "How about I push you off, no one will know what happened and I get Jaden! Isn't that great?! The best part? Your death. " He laughs maniacally, he's fucking lost it.