Introduction

"Good job tonight ladies, go make your last rounds and get in your last lap dances before the nights over" our boss says.
I nod quickly, reapplying my lipstick and turn to my best friend, Petra.
"How much did you get?" I ask.
"Maybe 300, you?" She asks.
"About the same" I sigh. For some reason the club has been going downhill lately, and I'm barely able to pay the bills I need to.
I strap my heels back on and head out to the floor, making my way around the tables.
A hand flags me over and I strut over to the table, that sat 4 men.
"You still giving lap dances?" The boy with brown eyes and slightly curly hair asks.
"Yes I am, interested?" I ask.
"Yeah" He says and I extend my hand to grab his.
"Right this way" I smile, leading him to the back rooms.
"Take a seat, make yourself comfortable" I say as I shut the curtain.
"My friends said you were pretty impressive" he says
"Thank you" I smile, turning on some music.
I straddle the mans lap.
I see him get a weird look on his face.
"Actually can we just talk" he says.
"Uh yeah I guess" I say weirdly, getting off him.
"I'm Tom" he says.
"Okay hi Tom?" I say, completely confused by the situation.
"So business hasn't been good here" he states. Normally people don't talk during these, they get their lap dance and leave, but he is paying me 100 after all so I don't mind.
"Yeah" I reply.
"I've got a proposition for you" he says and I roll my eyes.
"I'm not a prostitute" I say and he laughs.
"Not that kind of proposition darling" he shakes his head. "We've got our own little club, wondering if you'd be interested in a job?"
"Really? Which one?" I ask.
"It's a private club" he explains and I narrow my eyes at him.
"Sounds pretty sketchy" I state.
"Oh it totally does" he nods and I can't help but laugh. "But it's much nicer than this place, you'd probably make triple what you make here, my men are generous when it comes to money"
"And how do I know that isn't a lie?" I ask.
"Man you're really going to make me work for it huh?" He laughs. "Come try a trial night, one time, no commitment. You can leave after 5 minuets if you hate it"
I look at this mans features, he looked like trouble.
But.... I did need the extra money for my mothers hospital bills.
"Okay" I say.
"Alright go ahead and put your number in here and we'll be in touch" he says handing me his phone. I type my number in and hand it back.
"Aria? I thought your name was pepper?" He asks.
"They give us the stupidest stripper names here" I roll my eyes and he laughs.
"I like Aria much better" he comments as he starts pulling out money and handing it to me.
"I barely gave you a lap dance you don't have to pay" I shake my head, declining the money.
"I still took your time though so please take it" He says, I hesitantly grab the money, quickly realizing it's far too much. Just as I was about to protest he had already stopped me.
"Just showing you how generous we are over at my club darlin" he says, heading out.
I look down at the six hundred he gave me, baffled. It's hard enough to get lap dances now that the rates have gone up to one hundred, so this is unheard of.
I go to the backrooms and change into my clothes.
"Bye Petra" I say as I grab my bag.
"Bye, good luck with your mom, you know I'd help if I could" she says and I nod.
"Thank you" I smile before heading out.
Getting in my car, I head down to the hospital to make my monthly payment. It's midnight but they make accommodations for me, considering my situation.
As I walk through the double doors of the hospital, I get the same empty feeling I got walking through here at 17 years old.
The first time I had to come in here, the last time I got to hear my mother's voice.
"Hey Stacy" I smile tiredly at my moms nurse.
"Hey Aria, pretty late isn't it? I thought you'd just come in the morning" she says, setting down her clip board and walking over to me.
"I've got the payment together" I say and she nods, we go over to the desk and I make my payment.
"I know it's late.." I start.
"Go ahead" she nods and I thank her, turning to walk down the hallway.
Room 505.
I slowly open the door and walk in, seeing the sight I'll never quite get use to. My mother laying there with a breathing tube down her throat and tubes in her arms.
I know I'm selfish. She's not waking up from a coma that she's been in for 6 years. But something in me, had a sliver of hope. Hope that she'll wake up and everything can go back to how it was.
"I love you momma" I say, kissing her forehead.
I miss my mom so much, ever since the accident I've distanced myself from almost all my family. Having to get a job as a stripper to pay the medical bills didn't appeal to them. They wanted to pull the plug on her since week one. I can't do that, she's my mom and she's sacrificed too much for me to just give up on her.
I turn around and leave the room, shutting the door behind me.
"Have a good night Aria" Stacy says to me.
"Night" I say as I walk out the hospital doors.
The air was cold as I walked to my car. I get in and dive to my apartment on the east end of town. My neighborhood is fairly decent, my neighbors are all kind and there's low crime rates. I'm actually pretty blessed to have found this place.
"Finally home" I mumble to myself as I shut the door behind me.
My phone vibrates as I plop myself down on the couch and flick my shoes off to the other side of the room.
Unknown: it's Tom, see you tomorrow night?
I contemplate wether or not I really wanted to go through with this, I need the money, but it still sounds weird.
Aria: yes.
I can't believe I sent that, he could be a murderer for all I know!
Tom: come by around 10. 225 Woodland road. High security so give them your name at the gate, any problems, ask for Mr. Holland
Aria: will do, see you then.
I lock my phone and take a deep breath, it's fine.
I try to look up the address on google maps but it only shows me trees and a gate, this really is a secluded place.
Trying to calm my nerves for tomorrow, I do my night time routine and lay down in my bed, trying to fall asleep and prepare myself for the new job.