•10•

"Aria!" I hear my name yelled as Tom runs into the room. A look of relief on his face once he sees the gunshot he had heard didn't harm me.
"Thank god you're okay" he says, hugging me tightly.
If it were any other moment, I would ask why the fuck he's hugging me, but I just experienced something traumatic so I don't really care.
"What was that?" I ask.
"Rivals" Tom says.
He looks around the corner at the dead man laying on the ground.
"Dude, drunk and everything you still got a perfect headshot, nice." Tom says.
"You guys are fucking insane" I say, tears still falling down. To which I have little control over.
"Alright, I'm going to go make sure everything's secure, you stay with her okay?" Tom says to Haz.
"You're leaving me under the protection of booze head??" I say.
"This booze head just saved your life but okay" Haz says.
"You'll be fine, I'll be right back" Tom says, leaving the room.
"So, does saving your life get me lucky tonight?" He asks and I glare at him. How can he even joke at a time like this? He just killed someone.
"You're drunk so just let me say this since you won't remember in the morning" I say.
"What is it darling?" He smirks.
"You are the biggest idiot I've ever met, like you're actually so annoying and stupid and I'm seriously in tears right now and you're asking me to fuck you? Fuck you!" I say.
"Wow harsh" He frowns. "It's alright, can't fuck my best friends sister anyways"
He pats my head and I push his hand off.
"First of all, I don't know what's gotten in your head but I'm not Toms sister, and second of all don't touch my head." I say.
"Oh shit" he says, angrily.
"What, what's wrong?" I ask.
"Nothing, you're definitely not Toms sister" he says.
"Yeah. I know." I laugh.
"Alright, we're secured" Tom says. "I've gotta do some work and figure out exactly who did this, Aria you're staying the night. Haz will show you to the guest room."
"You're hilarious, I'm not staying the night in this death trap" I say.
"We don't know if there's people out in the woods waiting to follow someone, you're safer here." He says.
"Here? Where I almost died?"
"If it makes you feel better darlin, you can stay with me" Haz smiles.
"No." Tom says.
"No?" I laugh. "You're forcing me to stay here and now you're going to force me to stay here alone?!"
He gives me an uneasy face.
"Fine, but hands to yourself" he says more to Haz than to me.
"That won't be an issue" I state.
"That hurt" Haz says.
"Let's go, you drunk idiot" I say, pulling Haz out of the room.
We walk down the stairs to his room, my body calming down a little but not much.
Even if he was drunk and annoying, I'm glad I'm staying with Haz tonight. He's right, he did save me.
He shuts his bedroom door behind us, pulling me over to sit on his bed.
"Hey, you're okay now" he says, squeezing my hands in his.
I just give him a small smile, I hate being vulnerable, and I could tell he was starting to sober up.
"Here" he walks over to his dresser, grabbing some sweats and a T-shirt. He hands them to me and I thank him, going into the bathroom to change.
I take off my clothes, and change into his. Taking in the smell, it was comforting.
I walk out and he grins widely.
"What?" I ask.
"You have that on backwards" he laughs, seeing the tag of the shirt popping out the front of the neckline.
"Ugh Of course it is" I groan, pulling my arms in and turning it around. I pull the hair tie off my wrist and throw my hair up in a ponytail.
He pats the bed next to him and I get in, staying very far away from him.
"Darlin' we've slept in the same bed before" he laughs. "Calm down"
"Calm down? Do you not realize what I just experienced? I thought I was going to die!" I yell at him.
He grabs my arm and pulls me in closer. propping himself up on his elbow. 
"I know today was scary" he says, running his hand over my hair.
"I have school tomorrow" I state, so he knows I'll have to be able to leave.
"We'll deal with that tomorrow" he says, playing a small kiss on my forehead and laying down. He pulls the blankets over us and keeps his hand running over my hair. I lean my head into him and let his presence calm my senses.
He is way too good at making me feel happy.