•4•

"Mrs. Keenan" my name being called wakes me up, and I instantly realize what's going on.
"Mrs. Keenan if my lecture is so boring that you fall asleep in my class then you can leave" professor black says.
"I'm so sorry professor black, it won't happen again" I say and she nods, quickly moving on with the lesson.
It's been crazy working as much as I have been, on top of going to college full time.
My phone buzzes and I check it discreetly.
Haz: drunken night talk #2 ??
I smile at the text. Our first drunken night talk was 4 days ago, since then we've texted here and there.
Aria: we'll see how late it is, if I keep falling asleep in lecture my professor is going to kill me!
Haz: woah lecture? A college girl? Who's secretly a stripper? Drunken night talk #2 is going to be all about you. Be ready. I've got questions.
I laugh to myself at the text and slide my phone away, paying attention to the lecture.
__
After class is over, I grab my things and throw them into my school bag.
I walk out of class and stop in my tracks when two boys walk up to me.
"Hey aria, or should we call you whore?" They laugh and my eyes widen.
"What?- why-"
"How'd we know you're a stripper? Maybe because you get around!" One yells. Wow.. these boys truly are immature. Probably don't get much action.
"I really thought you were above that shit Aria" a girl says as she passes me.
"How much to fuck?" Another guy asks, walking up to me.
"You don't want to fuck her! She probably has an STD or something!"
I block out everything these people are saying and walk away, there's only one person I need to see right now.
I make my way to the library, where he always is.
As I walk through the doors, I spot the dark brown hair and green eyes.
"Hey Ben" I say, sitting down at the table.
"Uh, hi Aria" he says awkwardly. He definitely heard.
"So maybe we-" he cuts me off.
"Look I'm sorry but I really shouldn't be seen with you, it's just, I have a rep to uphold you know?" He says.
"Ben this is high school shit" I shake my head at him.
"But if I want to get on a good soccer team I can't be associated with a stripper, please understand Aria" he says.
"Wow.. that's all I am now? A stripper?" I say, hurt.
"No it's just that-" I cut him off this time.
"It's fine. Whatever" I say angrily, getting up and leaving the library.
Why. And who. Who found out and told the whole school.
I go out to my car, only to find a lacy red thong hanging from the mirror.
"You've got to be kidding me" I mumble to myself, using a stick to move them off before getting in my car.
I go home and clean up, before heading to Toms and doing my performing.
The drive to Toms was filled with anger and frustration. I will find out to told everyone.
__
"Damn mama" one of the men say and slap my ass while I'm on stage. After the day I've had I wasn't dealing with this shit. I turn right around on my 8 inch heels and slap him across his face.
"What the fuck" he groans, but I see Haz and a few other guys in the back laughing.
"Learn some respect, then maybe the only action you got wouldn't be a stripper slapping you across the face" I spit, going off stage.
People really have no respect for anyone. Just because I'm a stripper doesn't mean I'm public property.
I change into my regular clothes and walk to Haz's room, desperately needing to drink away the day.
"Where are you going?" I hear a voice say and turn around.
"Hey Tom" I smile. I've barely seen him since he hired me. "Seeing Haz"
"You two aren't fucking right?" He asks and I laugh.
"Definitely not" I shake my head.
He eyed me up and down, not sure if he was checking me out or trying to see if my body language indicated that I was lying.
"Okay good" He says, walking away.
I continue to Haz's room and walk in.
"Whiskey, neat" He says, holding up the glass.
I grab it, taking a big gulp.
"That bad of a day huh?" He asks.
"Everyone at school now knows I'm a stripper and are bullying me like we're in high school" I say. "And the one guy I thought actually liked me, said he can't be seen with me because of his reputation"
"For real? You're all in college now. That's fucked" he says.
"Yeah but if they want to be immature, they can go right ahead cause at least I'm making money" I shrug.
"What are you studying?" He asks.
Why is he so interested in me. Aren't mob members suppose to be cold hearted and unfriendly?..
"History, I want to be a high school history teacher" I explain.
"How boring" He says and my mouth drops.
"Excuse me?" I say.
"You're a stripper working secretly in a mob, and hiding it from everyone. I expected something a little more adventurous" he shrugs.
"I'm not a stripper though" I shake my head. "I'm a history enthusiast who just happened to find a stripping job when I was in a really tough place"
"But that's still a talk for drunken night number three?" He asks and I nod.
"It sure is" I say.
"Alright, then I shall refer to you as the history nerd, instead of the stripper" he smiles.
"Why a nerd?" I frown.
"You've gotta give me something here Aria" he laughs, resting his hand over mine.
I didn't feel fear towards Haz. In fact it almost felt like he couldn't possibly be associated with these guys. Everyone else gives such hard stares, and fight for authority, whereas Haz seemed to be more calm, and soft.
Maybe he just puts on a show for any girl that walks through here, but if that's true, he's very convincing.
"Alright, I've got hell in the morning and the other club tomorrow night, I should go" I say.
"You're too drunk, wait till you sober up" he says.
I did feel tipsy, and I'll sober up within an hour since I didn't drink so much.
"Alright.." I say, resting my body against the headboard of the bed.
Spending another hour with Haz can't be so bad.