•21•

"Then he said he loved me" I say and Petra squeals.
"I ship Hazia so much" she says.
"Never call us Hazia" I laugh.
Petra is trying to distract me, as we wait for the guys to finish up with their meeting before we all head out for the set up on jack barrett.
"I can't believe I have to do this" I sigh.
"It'll be fine, he'll come meet us right behind the building, and Tom will shoot him, well run to the car and get out of there before anything else goes down." She says.
Tom walks in the room and sits next to me.
"How're you feeling?" He asks.
"I'm nervous" I say.
"We've got this, I know this is crazy, you've never been in a situation like this before. But remember we know what we're doing, I'm not going to let you get hurt"
I nod. Not even wanting to think about it anymore. I just want it to be over with.
"I'm ready" I nod.
"Okay" He says as we start walking down to the cars. "You guys will drive ahead of us, we'll be about a half of a mile out but we'll all have our guns on him."
I see all the men he's got lined up outside, setting up and getting things loaded.
"Why so many people?" I ask.
"Well... he's a dangerous guy. I just want to make sure you're safe" he says.
I really could have done without that explanation.
Everyone starts loading into the cars and haz walks over to mine and Petra's.
"Be safe okay?" He says.
"You too" I say and kiss him quickly.
"I love you" He says and I smile, even though it felt impossible right now.
"I love you too"
We get in the car and drive off, the boys cars following loosely behind us.
We make our way to the old warehouse, no person in sight.
"You okay?" Petra asks.
"No, you?" I ask.
"No" she says.
We get out of the car, and I remember I have to pretend to not know anything.
But he's not even here.
"I think he's gotta see you before he comes out from wherever he's hiding" she says.
My feet walk slowly over the gravel, my heart beating out of my chest. Anxiety so strong my fingertips went numb.
My phone dings and I pull it out of my pocket.
Unknown: your mother looks peaceful. If you wish for her to stay alive (or whatever she is) you'll get into the car when it pulls up. Alone.
My breath stops, I turn to Petra and feel tears well up in my eyes.
"What? What does it say?" She asks.
The car pulls up slowly, and comes to a stop in front of us.
I can't do this.
"I'm not going with you" I say. The window rolls down, and the man pulls up a phone, showing me the screen. A live video of my mom, and a man sitting right next to her.
"He will kill her if you don't get in now." He says. His face was beaten, he looks older and disgusting.
"So you're jack.." I state.
"That's me darling, why don't you make this easy on yourself and get in" he says.
Finally seeing him. The guy behind all of this.. it disgusted me. He disgusted me.
"No" I say.
"Last chance" he says, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.
Petra gives me a worried look.
"I said, no." I say and he smiles.
"Do it" He says and the man on the screen slits my moms throat.
"No!" I scream, feeling a piece of me break. Why, why is this happening to me.
"Get in the fucking car" he yells at me.
I feel anger rise in me, everything was too much.
What we're the guys even thinking... this isn't going to plan at all.
"I must be worth a lot" I laugh. "I don't know how or why.. but I'd rather be dead than go with you"
I pull the gun from my jacket pocket, holding it to my head.
"What are you doing?" He asks.
"Aria?" Petra says. "What are you doing?"
"Have fun trying to get your money now" I say.
"No! Stop!" He yells, jumping out of the car and knocking the gun out of my hand.
I pull Petra back quickly, both of us falling to the ground as I hear four gun shots go off, followed by his body falling to the ground in front of us.
"Oh my god I didn't know what you were doing" she sobs as we stand up.
"Come on we have to go" I say, pulling her quickly towards the car.
She was a mess, but I had to pull myself together and get us out of here.
Petra gets in the car and I feel hands grab at my arm, yanking me backwards.
"Fuck!" I yell as I fall to the ground in pain.
"Wrong move princess" the gross man says as he grips me by my hair and pulls me up, a shriek leaving my mouth from pain.
"Aria!" Petra yells, getting out of the car.
"Stand the fuck back" the man yells at her, keeping me gripped to him by my hair.
I see the gun that had fallen to the ground when he grabbed me, I move my eyes from Petra's to the gun, trying to link it in her head.
"Let her go" is all I hear before my hair is released. I stumble forward to Petra as she grabs me, hugging me tightly.
"Oh thank god" she cries.
I turn to see Tom holding a gun to the back of the mans head. Haz standing next to him holding another man with a gun to his head.
"Is that all of you?" Tom asks.
The man stays silent and tom smashes the gun into his head, blood dripping down his eyebrow onto his cheek.
"I asked you a fucking question and you better answer" he says.
"Yes, it is" the man says.
Ezra and Taylor run over, using restraints on the men.
"Take them to the basement, I'm not done with them" Tom says as Ezra and Taylor walk away with the restrained men.
I was still in shock, my mom has been killed, I almost got killed.
"That was a real smart ass move you scared the fuck out of me" Tom says, hugging me tightly.
I wrap my arms around him and squeeze him tightly, taking in the only family I have left now.
"They killed her" I finally cry, letting the shock pass and feeling the loss.
"Who?" He asks.
"My mom, they slit her throat" I cry and he hugs me once more.
"We're going to make them pay, I promise"