•24•

___flashback 21 years ago, Nikki Holland's pov___
"What would you like to name her?" The doctor asks as we have the paper sitting in front of us. I twiddle the pen between my fingers.
"Aria" I say, writing it down.
"I think that's perfect" Dom smiles.
"Alright I'll give you guys a moment with her" the doctor says, walking out of the room.
My fake smile quickly fades as I look down at my precious angel. My Aria, so small and fragile.
"Are you changing your mind?" Dom asks, I shake my head no.
"It's better this way" I sigh, letting the tears slip my eyes.
___
"Nikki, this is Charlotte Keenan" he says, I give the woman a small smile.
"It's nice to meet you" she says.
"So what do you do for a living?" I ask her.
"I'm a small restaurant owner" she says and I smile.
"That's perfect.. no drama.. no pain" I look down at my sweet angels face, feeling the pain stab me a million times. I don't want to loose her, but I have to do what's best for her. Not me.
"This is Aria" I say, handing her over to Charlotte, feeling like I've lost a piece of myself.
"She's beautiful" she says and I nod.
"I know" I smile.
She hands her back, and I realize it's time. To say goodbye to my baby forever.
"Can I have a moment?" I say.
"Of course darling" Dom says, as him and Charlotte leave the room.
"My sweet Aria" I cry. "I know you won't remember this.. but I love you so much.. but I want so much more for you than this. You deserve more. Maybe one day you'll be grown and Tom and I will pass you on the street, or in the store. I know we won't know each other.. but it at least gives me hope that I'll see you again. I'm doing this because I love you..."
___end of flashback, back to harrisons pov___
"Nikki is her mom?" I ask.
"Yeah.." Tom sighs.
"How could you keep this from her?!" I raise my voice at him.
"My dad agreed that if they were to ever have a girl, that they would give her away so she wouldn't have to live this life. When I saw she was working for Barrett I thought she knew who he was. I thought she was in the life anyways so why not be in mine. I didn't know. Now I don't know how to tell her.. "
"So this lady raised her to believe that she was her real mom?" I ask.
"Yeah.." he says.
"Mate you've gotta tell her." He says.
"I know.."
"But for now.. let's go get rid of them" I say.
We go downstairs into the basement. I see the two men, specifically the one who grabbed my girl by her hair. I'm going to fuck him up. I wanted nothing more right now than to see him dead.
"So you're the fucker who grabbed my girlfriend and hurt her huh?" I say calmly, rolling up my sleeves.
"The bitch is your girlfriend? Bet she sounds real good in bed, I got a dose of her screams yesterday" he laughs.
I shake my head, laughing that this guy doesn't understand who the fuck he's dealing with.
Tom was busy with the other guy across the room. Might as well have some fun.
"Let's see how your screams sound shall we?" I say, taking his fingers and breaking them upwards, his groaning and yelling filled the room.
"Ah! They sound painful!" I laugh.
Tom gives me a nod of approval, he enjoys seeing me get into the dirty work.
"What the fuck dude" the man says.
"See, I know you'd like an easy out, maybe a bullet to the head, knife to the throat, but you hurt my girl. I can't just let that slide." I say.
I grab a knife off the table and run it down his arm, stabbing it into his hand.
"Agh!" He groans loudly.
"I've told you everything just kill me already" the other guy says to Tom.
"Yeah alright" Tom says, putting the gun to his head and pulling the trigger.
"Well that was quick"
"Bastards" the guy says.
"Have a nice time in hell, I'll see you there" I say, putting my gun to the guys head, pulling my own trigger. Blood splatters and his head falls backward.
"What are you doing down here?!" Tom yells.
My eyes shoot over to where he was looking to see Aria, in a daze.
"I-I heard a bang. I got worried" she says. Her eyes were wide, she couldn't stop staring at me. She saw what I just did.
"Ari-" I start.
"I see everything is fine I'll just go" she says, quickly running back up the stairs.
"Dammit." I groan. As if it wasn't bad enough already, now she saw me murder someone. Right in front of her.
"I'll go talk to her" Tom says.
"No I should." I say.
"Mate.. she saw you put a bullet through the fuckers head. I can guarantee it won't go well if you go up there." He explains.
He heads up stairs and I set my gun down. Why? Why did I have to fall for a girl who's going to be scared of me?
"Hey" Lou says, walking down the stairs. "Tom said you might need to talk"
"There's nothing to talk about" I shake my head. "My girlfriend is terrified of me and there's no changing that."
"Yes there is! Show her she has no reason to be scared of you. I mean, you were just protecting her. You do all of this to protect the people you love, and that was your reason from the beginning. You're not like the rest of these guys. You have a heart haz, a big one. You've just gotta show her that."