Chapter 03: First Prototype

Quillana Dawn, age 22. In her high school days she's a soft-spoken girl, barely interacts with her class, and was always the last to be chosen on team sports activities. She didn't mind any of this as her mind is her biggest asset.

Always ahead of her class and top of the charts, it puts a bullseye on her back. A target for the bullies. They made fun of her, for her glasses, braided hair, and the constant stack of books in her arms. Nerd, bookworm, loser. She's a sticker tag of verbal abuse. A day goes by without a word of discouragement spat at her. But she kept herself strong.

An engagement got extremely heated where a box cutter with a threat of grievous hurt was involved. A wavering moment for the girl. Thankfully, someone from above had taken action. No, not the teachers.

It was Aiden Cross.

The memory is clear as day for her. Every detail, moment, and seconds that passed, she could remember it all.

A guy forced himself upon her, pinning her wrists to the wall at the back of the school. She could remember the harsh words that had been spoken into her ear.

"Scream, and I'll take this away from you." His hand gropes between her legs, forcing a hushed wince to escape her tightly pressed lips.

A girl, with bright brown hair, takes out a clean box cutter and reveals its blade with several audible clicks. A nasty smile plastered on her face as she proposed an idea. "Maybe a nice scar on your face would change your mind about coming to school."

Quillana had done nothing wrong, but her existence had created envy and poisoning jealousy from a few individuals. One so strong, the thought of hurt manifested itself into their weak minds. A disgusting thought.

A shadow looms below the guy's feet, growing in size within seconds. He looks up, spotting a brown table spiraling down to meet him. Unable to react fast enough, the edge of the table slams against his shoulder, dislocating it instantly. It took him a while to understand what had happened, and when he did, he lets out a hoarse cry, clutching onto his limp arm.

"S-Son of a bitch!" The guy backs away, breathing hard and fast, trying to numb the everlasting pain.

"Get down here you coward!" The girl shouted, waving her box cutter in the air.

"Why don't you get up here!" Upon closer inspection, Aiden was wearing a blue tie. A second-year tie.

"Shit, he's a second year. Let's get out of here." The girl suggested, pulling back the blade and stuffing it in her breast pocket.

"You'll pay for this!" Was the last thing the guy said as they scattered, leaving Quillana alone.

She looked up, eyes still filled with fear. "T-Than--"

"It's getting late! Go home!" He shooed her away.

She didn't even get a chance to say thank you to her savior.

A few days later, he stops coming to school. From what she had heard, he had moved to the Green Zone and transferred school. Her chance at a proper thank you had been taken away.

Every day, she misses him.

"Aiden, wake up." She gives him a gentle nudge to the cheek. "It's morning."

He lets out a groan and sits up slowly. Stifling a yawn, he rubs his eyes and clambers down the bunk bed.

"What time is it?"

"4:30."

It's early for anyone to be up, but roll call starts at 5:30. There's enough time for him to get breakfast.