Chapter 10: 362,888.52

The door of the helicopter slid open with difficulty.

It's not the door.

It's Aiden.

"Come on, let me do it." Selesia took over and managed it with ease. "Okay, out." She gestured.

The sea breeze was refreshing, but the view had been hindered by the returning submarines. It's Sunday, and the trainees were on their way back to the island.

"We sure took our time, huh." She hobbled out and grunted as she touched the ground. "Good thing you're a smooth talker, those engineers back there were not impressed by our absence. Let's head to the infirmary, and report our injuries. SRS would not be pleased."

"SRS?" Aiden had not met such a person before. "Is she a T-Doll?"

"She is," She wrapped an arm around his shoulders and let him lead the way. "I'm surprised you don't know her, considering the fact that you're an engineer."

It surprised him too. Whoever she was, he hoped he won't get an earful.

Several trainees watched, with mouth slightly agape, as Selesia hobbled her way into the main building with Aiden's help.

"This is embarrassing."

"You shouldn't have gotten shot."

"Says the one with two particle rounds in the front and back."

Aiden stayed quiet for a moment before answering. "Touche."

He opened the door to the infirmary and spotted SRS immediately. A tall woman, long blonde hair which had been tied up, with an oval-shaped glasses slipping down the bridge of her nose. Her grey eyes scanned the clipboard in her slender fingers and she did not look happy.

"Put her over there," She motioned with a pen without looking. He did as he was told and gently set her down on the bedside. "I have received the debrief, Ms Selesia, and I'm quite displeased with what had happened to you. I thought you were better than this."

"Well, things happen. We're not all perfect."

"We don't need anyone to be perfect. We need people who can do better." She raised the clipboard into view and shook it. "Why would a head tactician be on the frontline?"

Selesia glanced at Aiden, who was looking at the shelves of bottled medicine.

"You there, Mr Cross!"

"Yeah?" He turned to face them.

"If you hadn't been so careless and fought with the guard in the armoury, Ms Selesia wouldn't have to step out onto the battlefield."

"With all due respect, she wouldn't let me go even if I was unharmed. How'd you get the debrief so quickly anyway?"

"Team castle and pollen had already sent me their report." She replied curtly. "I don't like you very much, Mr Cross. Reckless, hot-headed, and stubborn. Disobeying every order the Miss had given you. If I were in charge, I would have you confined."

Selesia leaned in and whispered. "Looks like you're last in her rating list."

"And you ma'am, have dropped."

"Aw, shucks."

"Does it matter? We did the mission, and we successfully completed it."

"Horribly, I might add."

"Okay, whatever, just patch her up and we will be on our way."

She frowned and stared daggers at him. "Just patch her up and go? Do you think she's a T-Doll? It will take weeks for her to recover. And you," She put the clipboard aside and stomped towards him. "HS2000 was never much of a medic to begin with. Look at this piece of work." She studied the arm cast and ripped it apart a moment later. "Your arm is still swollen and bruised."