The fairy phantom god

Writing a 170 chapter story. Lets go people. A story called "A Growing Affection". About 686,165 words, 3176 reviews, 3,742 favs, 2,151 follows.

Wow, reaction to the last chapter was absolutely fantastic. I read some long, encouraging reviews, and JPMod, highlighted a point I would have most likely skipped.

Naruto's fears for Mei may actually lead to him hesitating to form any relationships, but I will try to work around the issue. Mei is still alive - that much I can divulge. I will work around what happens when the time comes, but for now, the focus is on Fiore.

The fairy phantom god

In the end, she couldn't do it. There were many possibilities that Ultear thought, many options she thought of taking while staring at that blind woman, but in the end, she'd swallowed a large chunk of her pride and ego, and forced a smile that hid the fury behind the mask. She had smiled at the woman and did something she found to be detestable. Listening to that woman brag about how much of a lovely person Naruto was did nothing but fuel her desire to see that man suffer for the embarrassment she'd faced.

Ultear was a proud woman; she refused to bow to anyone but herself. Yes, she did sulk up to Hades, but that was all just a part she was playing. Grimoire Heart was just another stage she played many of her parts in the storyline she'd composed for herself. But there were things that were starting to frustrate her plans. To be more precise, someone was becoming a major problem to her. And she still knew little about him. Not even that woman knew his history; she could only tell of the present, but there was nothing tangible for her to use, nothing concrete for her to cling onto as her gold.

Still, this was just the beginning and things were little interesting in this way. But for everything, she was going to find his weakness, use it against him, and make him her pawn. She would use him; chew him until there was nothing left of him. Then she would dispose of the trash and move on to other things. Ultear wasn't to be outsmarted, not now not ever, and certainly not by that man.

A knock on the door snapped Ultear of her daze; ''Come in,'' she said, sitting behind her desk inside the Magic Council's tower within Fiore.

''The meeting is about to begin, Ultear-sama.''

Ultear sighed; a meeting of the Magic Council. The meetings were often tiresome, and some were amusing. But dealing with stubborn old people without any real power to speak of wasn't that easy, especially when they didn't listen to 'youngsters' that well. They believed they were more equipped, and wise enough to deal with anything because of their many years of living and the experience they have accumulated in their lifetimes. But age wasn't everything, especially in this time.

''I'll be right there,'' Ultear said, sighing once more. She took her time before her feet dragged her body towards the meeting room. The passages were rather silent as she walked by. Perhaps it was all in her mind; perhaps it was because her mind was wrapped up in her little dream world because of the worrying situation that she found herself in.

Ultear finally made it at the room; the others were all but waiting for her to make her appearance. ''We've been waiting for you.'' Ultear didn't bother to respond as it was dead obvious that they'd been waiting for her to make her awaited appearance.

''Let us just get on with the meeting,'' Siegrian said. He didn't have a clue as to what the business of the day was. He didn't know of any other impending situation that may need for them to be called to this place, at this time.

All eyes turned to the chairman who seemed to be in thought. Getting over his thought, the chairman started speaking, ''I called you because of a thought 'I've come up with,'' he added, ''It is obvious that our people are not getting the desired information about this ''phantom,'' in light of this, I've come up with a better way to get the results we require; we recruit him to work for us. That way, we can keep a close eye on him.''