Chapter 9

there will be typos, spelling errors in the chapter. Try to bear with it, I wrote the chapter using an old nokia phone that doesn't do spelling checks.

Chapter 9

By the time they'd returned the Guild, Makarov Dreyar had already shed some light into the history of Fairy Tail. Naruto was able to learn a few things about the past two Masters of the Guild before Makarov, and some other things. The old man was too happy to share everything, so naturally,she didn't tell everything. Not that he was expecting the old man to tell it all like the Guild was like an open book to all who cared to look. Everybody had their secrets, and not everyone could be trusted.

The Phantom was just a new mysterious member of Fairy Tail with no concrete background and as Makarov had just discovered, there was more to him that meets the eye. Then again, when a man is rumored to be roaming around all lands fighting Dark Guilds, did you exactly expect everything to be normal about him? Only a fool would expect normality from a man who took his parade into the dark cities of the underworld.

Makarov didn't so much trust him expliciyly, and that was nothing short of what Naruto expected from the old. Only a naive fool would start by trusting a complete mysterious stranger. The old man welcomed him to his Guild, but still kept an eye on him. His experience and duty as a father to his children is the reason the man accepted him into his Guild.

The Master of Fairy Tail had finished talking about a few moments ago, but Naruto hadn't uttered a word since then. His careful eyes danced through the walls of the hall, looking through each mage his eyes could see. The eyes hidden in him could see the etherion in the atmosphere, and that was what made him understand Magic a little better than most.

Naruto's glance met with the girl who always had a large jug or a barrel of beer on her side. She was an intruguing specimen. Cana. That was her name if he remembered collectively. A little bit of play with the eys and Naruto glanced to the other eyes.

As his eyes moved around the Guild, Makarov studied him idly at the corner of his eyes. He pretended like he wasn't looking though. However, anyone could feel the gaze of the old man asking a lot of questions. None that Naruto wanted to answer, not yet anyway.

''Seen something interesting?''

Naruto shrugged in response. ''Not particularly,'' his left eye caught the old man red handed, but he showed no shame. Merely keeping his stare in response before looking away as he took another sip from his first, seemingly bottomless jug of beer.

''What did you mean by you have come curious with age?'' Makarov's tone was laced by firm curiosity. Though the old man still had eyes away from him when the question left his lips, Naruto could tell that the man wanted an answer. Adding before Naruto could respond, Makarov glanced at the blond once again before speaking, ''You don't seem that old. I'd say you were about 20, give or take.''

Back at home, due to the rigorous training his poor body was forced to endure, he looked older than his peers, simply because he had more built and well, was more reserved in confrontations compared to his former self prior walking the path of a legend. Upon being dragged into this magical world that was full of more mysteries, most dominated by one man, he had looked a bit younger. Nonetheless, it didn't mean he'd lived anyless than the years he'd lived the Elemental Nations.

The younger look had been because of the regeneration his body was forced to take so that it could recover from being torn by his killers. Even though he had burried the Gedo Mazo inside of his soul, it still put some changes into his body, barely noticeable though.

''When I said 'curious with age' I didn't actually mean it literally. With age, I range where you assume. However, age doesn't actually define how long you have lived does it? Figuratively, I mean. Some people are forced to grow up at a young age, experience adulthood while still wearing diepers. When you accumulate all the experience from young age, you realize that you've lived longer than most, simply because of what you've had to do with your life,'' Naruto explained lightly.