Untitled Part 38

It hadn't been something he thought of doing, but Naruto found himself within the Alvarez Empire. He had first decided that he should not come to this people but he should just leave then alone for what was done to Aika. But he decided that it would be very tolerant of him to just let things go like that. Aika wasn't asking too many questions about it because she trusted him and so he felt that to honor her trust, he had to come here. This could not be put as just part of the game. They could not play such tricks and he not just seat back and do nothing about it. They would surely view him as a weak person and they would try again. He didn't want them moving towards another person or even attempting something towards the capital of Fiore. If they went that far, Naruto would go to war with them alone. He had no problem with that. He could do it if they pushed him and they would not see Zeref.

He did consider that this could be a trap set up by them. They could have just done this to get him to come here or to see how he would react to it. He wasn't dealing with stupid people who merely acted on impulse. He was dealing with Wizards who were skilled and with good minds. Well, at least some of them. Some were just powerful little children who just could not behave. He could point Ajeel and God Serena on this picture. Regardless, if it was a trap or not, Naruto was prepared for it. He had come here prepared for anything. If he needed to battle, then so be it. Anything could happen, but he doubted they would do anything to jeopardize the revival of Zeref though.

Walking with the Rinnegan pulsating with power, Naruto once more felt like a god. He felt superior. He felt like he could just walk in the place and force them all to kneel before kami. He amused himself with the thought of what would happen if he actually tried to do it. Naruto shook his head. He didn't need to push things that far. Besides, he would feel the urge to smite them all if he ordered them to kneel and some of them refuse the order. The refusal would be a challenge. He wouldn't mind taking it.

"You came here late," Irene said as Naruto walked into a hall where they were waiting for him. "I had expected that you would come here as soon as it happened."

Naruto shrugged. "I considered that coming here wasn't worth the effort. But the lady worries and I want to assure her that something like that won't happen again."

Invel stared at Naruto with a curious look on his face. Nothing had happened, but it was still interesting that the blond didn't display anger over what had happened. They hadn't succeeded, but it did not erase the attack. Yet, the blond was standing here calm before them, talking as if the incident was something minimal. It was just ridiculous. Perhaps Irene had been far off in her calculations. Either way, they hadn't achieved anything in this little exercise.

"You want us to assure you that such in incident can't happen again?" Invel asked carefully.

Naruto nodded. "Yes," he said. "I have a couple of things to deal with on that side. You know, the creations of your emperor are causing troubles in Fiore and I must crush them before they create an even bigger problem."

"Ah yes, we did hear that they destroyed the Magic Council. We aren't complaining about it," Irene said.

"Neither am I," Naruto said.

They stared at him for a moment before Irene spoke in an amused tone. "You are playing for that side but you can easily play for this side as well. Why did you want the Council destroyed? Was it so that we can move without it interfering?"

"I don't think I said I wanted the Council destroyed. That would be very villain of me. It is one of those moments when something happens and you realize you are not actually sad that it occurred," Naruto explained lightly. "Then, are you going to give me your sure word?"