Chapter 39

Mard Geer could only smile sensing the number of wizards who have appeared before his Guild headquarters looking for a battle. While he was smiling, he wasn't happy that they had chosen to come to this place after this time. There was very little progress with the chairman as activating Face took some time. He hadn't been happy that he even lost two of his underlings before the fighting could even start. He didn't care if they died for their purpose and this Guild but they had died a bit too early. There was no helping the situation either way. They just had to fight through this situation now and then they would resurrect their master.

Perhaps a worrying fact should be that the cube had been forcefully crashed into the ground, but he wasn't overly concerned by it – it would go back up again.

"Kyoka, can you hear me?" Mard Geer spoke through telepathy.

"Yes, Mard Geer-sama," Kyoka responded.

"Silver and Jiemma were both brought back as we anticipated this happening. They will be fighting the humans. You will guard the control room while everyone else get rids of the humans. Make sure that no one interferes with the process, Kyoka. Failure isn't an option."

"Understood, Mard Geer-sama," Kyoka responded before the underworld king cut off the communication line.

Now then, he just had to watch and see how this plays out. Mard Geer was quite confident that his underlings would succeed. Although he knew that Jiemma and Silver were problems, they would be fighting. Well, if there was no progress at all, he would too have to awaken as well as they plan to awaken his master, E.N.D.

Outside of the Guild building

When the Fairy Tail group arrived, they were welcomed by three mages from Sabertooth. Both Sting and Rogue quickly went ahead to greet their fellow Dragon Slayers. "Natsu-san, I didn't know you were going to be here," Sting greeted the Salamander with a smile.

"I heard people from Sabertooth would be joining us, but I wasn't told it was going to be you either," Natsu responded calmly as he looked around. "Why are you still outside?"

"We were waiting for you to arrive," Sting said.

Minerva shook her head seeing this and walked towards Naruto – who was holding a book. She stared at the book for a moment before looking at his face. Her eyes went towards the redhead woman standing behind Naruto. Her eyes narrowed. She could not forget her defeat. It was still a bitters memory for her. She had lost. Her guild had lost. "Erza," she growled.

Whether Erza was oblivious to the animosity from Minerva or she just chose to ignore it was something that was up for debate but the woman just smiled. "Minerva," she said before looking between the black haired woman and Naruto. "Are you two familiar with each other?"

Naruto nodded his head and moved to the side of Minerva before putting his hand around her waist while smiling mischievously. "Yes," he started lightly. "She is my former girlfriend."

Erza blinked before just nodding her head.

"Are you stupid?" Minerva asked Erza while pushing Naruto away from me. "Can't you tell he is just joking?" She then turned towards Naruto. "I'd appreciate it if you don't fool around like that while touching me."

"Why are you being cold towards me these days, Minerva?" Naruto said with a look on his face. "Are you really going to be like this? I thought you and I were cool but ever since you returned home, you've been cruel to me."

"Nothing less than what you deserve," Minerva said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Was it you?"

Naruto nodded. "I came here to conduct some research and destroy the thing they use to turn people into demons. I couldn't trust that you wouldn't change your mind after seeing your father's new powers. So I chose to destroy it before anything happens. Drug addicts are something else."