A God's Limited World

Perhaps it was the senses of being a shinobi that kicked in but when Naruto walked through the passages in the castle, he had been certain that there was something that had happened. He could feel it in the tense air that something had happened. Well, time moved fast and anything could happen. He hadn't been gone for that long though. He still hoped that perhaps his senses were just misbehaving, remembering the days of the old when they could sense malice from a mile away. He couldn't do that anymore without Kurama – a damn pity but he had to stop depending on the Bijuu and do things on his own.

Everything looked a little too perfect around the castle, the guards were stiff, and they acknowledged his presence with stiff nods. Naruto was now certain that there was indeed something that had occurred in his absence. Perhaps he should think about leaving a clone each time when he moves around of this place. That would work well for him in insuring that he didn't miss anything. It would also be a quick way to alert him if something is happening within the capital city of Fiore.

Naruto strolled straights towards Hisui's quarters. He found the woman sitting with the Prime Minister. She smiled when she saw him and he returned the smile. The Prime Minister was the first speak. "You're disappearing every now and then these days," he said in a stern tone. "Things are going to get busy; you really have to start being grounded."

Naruto sat down beside Hisui before he responded to the short man. "Things are also very hectic in the magic world. I cannot afford to stay away from them. It is especially worse now since I am involved in some of those things. But I will try to manage things differently. Even so, this is home, you should know that already."

"I'm not questioning anything," the Prime Minister said with a shake of his head. He wouldn't say it but he was getting the feeling that Naruto prioritized matters with the Magic Council over matters of the royal family. Then again, he seemed to become possessed when he spoke about magic with Hisui. It was still a problem that the two focused much on magic rather than internal matters of the kingdom. She was soon going to become Queen. Well, at least he won't have a monarchy that is overbearing.

"But you still worry," Naruto said with his head tilted to the side.

The Prime Minister nodded slowly. "You have many duties and responsibilities; you might not be able to fulfill them. Perhaps a time will come when you have to choose which one to save and which one to let get destroyed. I'd rather not see you struggling to live with the choice of having done something like that."

There was that thought, and Naruto wasn't stupid enough to think that he could do everything all at once. It had been one of his biggest worries perhaps so far. If he had stayed in Magnolia, he wouldn't have to worry about much. Erza was capable of protecting herself. She could do anything for herself and he would only have to worry about the Magic Council. He didn't even do jobs as a mage of Fairy Tail.

"I truly hope things don't come to that point, but you never know with things. You don't have to worry about me, nevertheless. I will think of a way to handle things. Even if I am not around, if something disastrous is to occur, I will come around. Nothing will happen to Hisui while I am still alive," Naruto said in a firm tone.

The Prime Minister smiled. "Your duty isn't just Princess Hisui," he said.

Ah, yes, the other reason Toma wanted him around was that the country would have someone powerful enough to protect it. If there was something happening within the country, the royal family would have him to protect it. There had been troubles before he moved to Magnolia. It was a world of politics, anything could happen. "I know that, but the princess is my first priority."

The prime minister nodded his head. "Princess, we will talk soon," he said before walking away from the room.

Hisui watched the old man leave before glancing at Naruto. He was sitting close to her, so close. She wanted to hold out her hand and just touch him. She had realized that ever since he embraced her and kissed her that day, she had thought of his warmth, she had thought of the comfort she felt being held by him. She shook her head and held herself from doing anything. There were more important things to deal with.