Alvarez Noon

Chapter 25

Alvarez

Noon

Naruto rolled through the ground as he tried to avoid sharp sand blades from piercing him; the blades were reining from up, hitting the ground quickly as he rolled over like a mat. Seeing no end to them, the blond stopped rolling with his back against the ground hands held together. A large reflective mirror formed above him. When more sand blades crashed into the mirror, they were absorbed, but they were not released.

The blond kami got up from the ground and went on one knee as he looked back at his assailant. He wanted to talk, but he could not because he was faced by a large wave of rolling sand. The sand was rushing over to him in quick movements, wide and large enough to consume his entire body. Having dealt with a sand user before, Naruto wasn't going to allow the attack to hit him.

He had once in his life been hit by a lethal jutsu had had sand inside his body and it had torn his body apart. If it hadn't been for his regenerative powers provided for by Kurama, he would have been killed. This time around, he was doing his best not to underestimate things even though he was just fooling around with his assailant.

The blond jumped up into air, slightly above the wave of sand. He was not given any form of relief as the sand caught both his feet before forcefully slamming him into the ground, causing a loud boom as he crashed with his back. The wave of sand then suddenly slammed into him while he was still lying on the ground.

Being buried under the sand, Naruto came to a decision, 'I have seen enough,' he thought as he blasted the sand away from him.

With the sand away from, the blond looked at his attacker with partially opened eyes. He dusted himself before placing his hands inside his pockets and looked back at his attacker once again.

How did he find himself in this position? This person had suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started attacking him without so many words being exchanged. He didn't try to hide the surprise on his face over the fact that someone had finally managed to track down his movements. He had been sure not to leave any traces of his presence anywhere, and someone had found him and not just anyone, but a member of the Emperor's elite guards.

There had to have been some special technique that was used to track him down. He had been confident and convinced that he would get things done without anyone spotting him. With things having turned out like this, the ship had sailed.

He had to leave now. He didn't want the entire elite guards charging at him if he put up a fight. It has been three weeks since he left Fairy Tail anyway. He had gathered enough information. It was not everything but he had managed to gather useful information that would surely be useful in the days, weeks and months to come.

He had been curious about the power of these elite guards. They were rumoured to be the most powerful mages in the empire and that they could take on Ishgar on their own. That was the rumour anyway. But Naruto had been curious to see if it was true. He couldn't get a clear picture, but he could agree that they were strong. He had only seen two of them anyway and the rest was just assumptions.

The best thing to do wasn't to underestimate them.

Still, a part of him was disappointed that he hadn't seen Acnologia. Really, he had thought that perhaps he would come across the overgrown lizard and have a beautiful battle with it, but there was none of that. There was not a sign of the dragon anywhere, and Naruto was disappointed. He was tired of playing around with weak people who claimed to be gods but yet not that powerful enough.