A God's Emotions

Lahar held the gaze of the chairman of the magic council without blinking. He knew why he was called into the office of the stern man who felt he held the responsibility of everything on his shoulders. But it wasn't like that, was it? The reason was there was a council was because there needed to be shared responsibility. If just one person had the control of the council, then just one person could control things and abuse the processes. Many minds created a platform for a consensus declaration regarding different subjects. People didn't think the same, they always thought different and a group of people was better than just one person.

Justice and the use of magic correctly went hand and hand. But because you were a regulator didn't mean that you could just make the rules as you go. Rules were there to be followed and respected but the council was something else. There was convenience in the way they did things. It was troubling but Lahar would never quit. He would never abandon his role. He had come this far to serve. Even though he has been called to arrest people who haven't done any wrong, he would still continue with his job.

The perception that things were right only when the council declared them was troubling but it wasn't something that he could fight. He was powerless. Disobeying the council meant being sent to prison himself. Lahar would not permit that.

"The Council just sat to discuss matters regarding the Dark Guild Tartaros," the chairman started in a stern tone. "Their actions of late have been troubling..."

"Tartaros..." Lahar was familiar with the dark guild.

But this was the problem with the council wasn't it? They didn't do anything until people got hurt, until there was real danger but when something wasn't much of a problem, they were quick to act, and rashly at that point. Nothing ever good has been spoken about the dark guild. It was pure evil but has the council have ever thought of destroying it? No, perhaps they could excuse themselves by saying they didn't know the location of its headquarters. But you could always search. Naruto was at their disposal.

The chairman nodded. "Every guild that has been associated with them has been getting destroyed over the past month or so. We have never been able to find out what their objective is and who actually leads them. But we know they practice black magic and have something to do with Zeref."

Lahar frowned. Where had his conversation about the black wizard with Naruto ended? He couldn't remember, but he would have to bring up the subject the next time they meet – it had to be soon. "What did the council decide?"

"We need more information to work on but since they are moving we want to act quickly before they do something. You need to go gather as much information as you need. In case there needs to be fighting, we have already prepared messages to the legal guilds to help out in dealing with them," the chairman said.

Lahar nodded. He would do that. He could do that but this sounded dangerous. He couldn't go alone in this. He would need some help. "I will work on it," he said. "Has the council informed Naruto about this?" He asked, but he was almost certain that the blond knew something about this – this was why he had decided that he needed to talk to him soon.

"Why should we talk to him about this?" The Chairman asked in a stern tone. "He isn't the only resource we can use in such a troubling situation."

"But the Council was previously using him for cases such as this last time around," Lahar said in a measured tone. He didn't want to look like he was advocating for the blond, lest he be looked at with suspicion.

"We are busy trying to watch him. We have already informed the other Wizard Saints that they may need to move in to restrain him very soon. We can tolerate things now but very soon, our patience with him will reach its limits..." the chairman said in a serious tone. "You must also be careful with him. He is a very dangerous person. We are thinking that he also uses black magic."