Chapter 9: The Wicked Shishio

REVISED: 05 February 2019

9. The Wicked Shishio

-;-

It was almost 12:00 noon when Misao came home after the stolen time with the prince.

The day was still long and cold. She ran fast as she could hoping that her masters are still asleep.

However, time meant nothing as she ran. Her mind wandered up and down as she tried to figure out on what to do. Images of wicked Shishio, Yumi and Kamatari played on her mind. Then it shifts to the happy memories of her grandfather, Okina and the lovely images of her parents. Then it came the images of Sanosuke and Megumi, Yahiko and Yutaro... but still, the image of Aoshi stood out repeatedly.

"I love him!" she smiled despite her troubled mind. She touched her lips and remembered the kiss they shared hours ago.

Closing her eyes, Misao let the meaning of the words sink in. "I love him!" she said again, louder this time. Keeping him from the truth was unfair to the trust he showed to her. He might be angry but somehow, she was very sure that he would understand. Living a lie was only a sure way of sorrow.

"I will really attend the next ball! I will tell him the truth!" Misao said to herself. Finally, it made her mind and heart felt lighter. She will no longer be afraid and she will set everything straight!

The walk from the forest was peaceful; the sound of the chirping birds filled the usual silence. She made her way to the front door of the mansion and found the halls empty. 'Shishio and the others are still asleep.' She commented. She silently crept through the house and up to her bedroom to change her clothes.

Quietly sliding the shoji door closed, she leaned against it with a relief.

"Welcome home, sweetheart!" said by a loud voice. Misao saw Shishio in the corner of her room, pausing to puff his cigarette. "Been stealing more time, perhaps?"

She froze. Her blood run cold. It seems that her feet was glued to the ground.

He walked towards her. As Misao slid the shoji door open, Shishio was fast enough to block her escape. His right hand prevents her from running away.

"Where are you going?" he grinned. His left hand crept upwards to hold her chin. "Will you run to that Aoshi again? I bet that's why Kamatari saw you stealing that kimono you wore today."

She gasped and he smiled. Misao has never been scared like this in her entire life. "Ahh... struck the right note, have I? I know all about your little affair with him..."

He suddenly tossed her on the floor. "...stupid brat!"

She winced in pain and held her tears. This time, she shouted, "AT LEAST I AM NOT LIKE YOU AND YUMI WHO ARE BOTH FUCKING BASTARDS THAT KILLED MY GRANDFATHER AND STOLE ALL HIS PROPERTIES!"

"Is that so?" he answered, still grinning. "Makimachi Misao, I wonder what kind of punishment I will give you..."

"FUCK YOU!" she answered and this time she stood and leapt to kick him in his groin. But her actions were a failure. He pinned her to the ground and went on top of her, effortless. Slowly, slowly, his left hand locked both of her hands while his right hand unsheathed his sword and placed it on the skin of her throat.

"You are so stubborn, my dear." Shishio commented and laughed. "Or should I call you Sukunami Akari?"

"How did you know?" she asked and glanced at the deadly sword of his that might end her life in a minute.

"Hmmm..." he paused and tightened his grip on her. "It will be a waste to kill you because you have caught his eye, it will be better if you will be a part of our plan."