Chapter One

I woke up at 6.40am and got ready for school. I scraped my wavy brown hair into a ponytail and looked at myself in the mirror. I noticed my hazel eyes which had golden flecks in them. Me and my brother got them from my mom. It was the one thing we got from her before she died.

I quickly put on a black tank top and leggings before grabbing my backpack and running downstairs. My brother was already in his car and I jumped in. He's a jock whilst I'm a nerd. He's popular, I'm not. He tries to protect me from bullies but the cheerleaders in my class always manage to get their way. His girlfriend is, Brittany, she's the head cheerleader and she hates me. I guess being associated with the nerd sister is too much for her.

We finally arrive at school and I get out of the car and make my way to class whilst carrying my books in my arms. Shit, I only have two minutes left until class. My pace quickens whilst some of the hairs from my ponytail become loose and fall in front of my face. Oh no, I'm going to be late. As soon as I turn the corner, I bump into a wide, hard chest and fall onto the ground. My books spread all around me.

"Are you blind?" a gruff voice says. Instantly, I look up and my heart stops. I just bumped into Blake Griffin. He's wearing a black leather jacket and a black V-neck. He smells of cigarettes and cologne. I'm not surprised he's late to class too, he hardly attends. He's in detention more than he is in class. God, he's such an asshole. I don't understand why my best friend, Chasity, is so in love with him. He's such a numbskull.

Whilst I'm lost in my thoughts, Blake grabs me around my waist and lifts me up, pulling me close to him. My eyes go wide as we just look into each other's eyes. Our warm breath hits one another. As my eyes scan his face, I notice the fullness of his lips and how blue his eyes are. He's kind of...hot

I quickly shake the thought out of my head and remember how much of an idiot he is. His face softens as he looks at me, before he smirks and lets me go.

"You falling in love with me Mia?" he asks.

"You are such an asshole" I hiss at him as I start to pick up my books whilst ignoring the beating of my heart.

He laughs but then he stops and whispers in my ear, "I wouldn't bend down so much if I were you" he growls. "Don't want you showing that beautiful ass to anyone besides me" before walking away.

I resist the urge to scream. I will never fall for Blake. I'm the nerd and he's the bad boy.