Chapter Thirteen

"What do you mean?" Blake asks as he stops in his tracks.

"What else can I mean? I know the people you're looking for" Blake's father laughs snidely. I stare at him. How could he know? How could a man...a father, be so detached?

"Who?" I ask angrily.

Everyone's eyes turn on me, even Blake's father.

"Oh, your toy has a voice now?" Blake's father asks.

"If I remember correctly, she was jumping out of the window the last time she knew I was near."

My eyes go wide. How did he kno-

"Save it sweetie, we can all read your mind" he replies again. But this time I hadn't said anything, I was just thinking.

"You can read my mind?" I whisper. Blake never told me this. Does this mean he's been reading all of my thoughts? What about the rest of the pack? Can they read my thoughts?

Wait, he's been reading ALL of my thoughts.

Blake puts his hand on my shoulder to calm me down as he can see me enter a state of panic, but I push it off. I don't want him touching me right now - oh, I guess he can hear that too. Hold on. That means he's heard me say that I love him. I can't deal with this right now. I try my best to block out any other thoughts from my mind and focus on Blake's father.

"My name is Jared, by the way, sweetie, you don't need to keep calling me Blake's father" he winks. Of course, his name is Jared. I wonder if he even knows how to read.

"Ok, Jared" I reply sharply. "Who did this?"

"Can't tell you sweetie. Your Alpha should know" he smirks. I can feel Blake shaking next to me. He doesn't want to turn again.

"How does it feel to be a father who's jealous of his own son?" I smirk back. Jared's face stays the same, or at least he thinks so. Anger flashes over his expression for a millisecond.

"How does it feel to not know who did this to your brother?" He replies back snarkily. I can understand why Blake doesn't think he deserves the title of "father". He's a piece of work.

Before I can respond, Blake interjects. His expression is hard. "Send him back to the hole he came from" he growls. "If he ever comes back you know what to do."

Members of his pack grab Jared by his arms and pull him with them as they escort him off the campsite.

"How about a deal, son?" It's Jared again. He talks a lot for someone who can't read. Blake stays still as his ears prick.

"Bring him back" he yells back. I turn back to look at Blake in his towel.

"What are you doing?!" I yell. Blake looks at me in a way to silence me. I keep quiet. He knows what he's doing.

"What do you want?" he hisses.

"You know what I want" Jared says plainly.

"You'll never get it" Blake replies.

"That obvious, huh?" Jared responds.

"What does he want Blake?" I ask quietly. I try my best not to look at his V-line. Oh God, he just heard me say that. I can see him holding back a smirk.

"He wants to be Alpha again, but that's impossible. He broke pack law. He can never get it back" he replies.

"Why can't you just read his mind?" I ask confused. All this drama for nothing.

"He's left the pack and he hasn't mated with anyone in here. We can't read his mind." He responds frustratedly.

"You know Mia" Jared interjects. "You shouldn't think about Blake so much" he continues. "I may not be able to hear Blake's thoughts, but I can hear yours. If you want to look at his V-line, do it. But for God's sake, stop thinking about it. Pervert."

I almost drop to the floor. I don't know this guy but he's constantly coming for me?

"We're not going to discuss any deal. Leave and never come back" Blake yells before pulling me away from him. As we walk off, we hear Jared yell.

"You don't want to make a deal yet, but I know you will soon! I'll be waiting boy, you know what I want!"

The further we walk off, the fainter his voice becomes until we can't hear him at all. We've walked past the campsite and are in a remote, quiet section of the woods away from everyone else. I can tell that Blake's still seething from what went down with Jared. I kiss his cheek to let him know that everything is alright.

"Blake, baby, what did your Dad do?" I ask quietly, hoping not to upset him. Blake sighs.

"It's a long story" he murmurs.

"We've got time... pretty much all night" I reply back as I smile gently.

Blake rakes his fingers through his hair. I watch his beautiful spikes sway with his fingers. If I really wanted to, I could just take his towel and ru-

I shake my head. This isn't like me.

"A few months ago, my Dad was caught giving pack funds to the enemy pack" he begins. "Loads of us weren't able to afford food, medicine, books, etc. We didn't know what was going on until one day he was overhead on the phone by...well, me" I gasp as I listen to him.

"I gave him the benefit of the doubt, y'know? I thought maybe he was being forced to at first."

I sit on his lap and wrap my arms around him as I listen.

"So, one day after school, I went to the other pack and demanded to speak to the Alpha. I threatened him. I told him he had to give back the money. And do you know what he said Mia?"

I shake my head.

"He told me I could either walk away or know the reason why my Dad was giving them our funds. So, I asked." Blake pauses as if he's trying to control his voice, as if he doesn't want it to crack.

"He said, Jared was paying him hush money. The Alpha had caught him doing..." Blake shudders. He doesn't want to repeat it.

"It's okay" I whisper. "You don't have to tell me" I stroke his back. "I understand, he did something terrible." Blake holds my hand and looks at me.

"Mia, I didn't want to be Alpha. But I had to. My father wronged our people. I have to fix what he did."

I look at him in awe. I used to think he was an asshole. Someone who didn't care about anything. Someone who only cared about himself and vap-

Enough about vaping Mia.

When I met Blake, I thought he was the bad boy and I was just the nerd. I thought we were people from two different worlds. But we're not. We're two people trying to survive and do good. I love him and everything he stands for.

Whoever hurt Noah, we'll find them. But Blake is not only the pack's Alpha, but mine too. Awooooo.