Chapter Twenty-Four

As I watch Mom run out of the door, I try my best to get out of the restraints, but they're wrapped too tightly. I start to scream but none of my screams are loud enough. Just my luck, I had to be tied up in a cabin in the middle of the woods. I feel like a hopeless girl in a horror movie.

I try to lift my legs over my head but I soon realise that does nothing besides make it look like I'm ready to skin out the pum.

I continue to wriggle and scream to no avail. What am I meant to do now?

Think Mia, come on girl. Think! If you can't get out, what are you meant to do?

I look at the clock and 30 minutes have passed. Still no progress. I lean back against the chair, stop struggling and take a breath. I think deeply for a few moments.

Then it hits me. I know what I have to do.

I close my eyes and clear my mind. No clouds. No procrastinating thoughts. Nothing.

"Help me" I think. "I'm tied up in a cabin in the woods" I think again.

I concentrate as I try to echo my thoughts across the woods. I imagine a Wi-Fi signal that goes from one bar to two bars then three bars. I try to imagine my thoughts to teleport that way throughout the woods. Hopefully Blake or someone from his pack can hear me.

I do this for a couple of minutes and wait. Nothing. I try again a couple more times. Eventually I hear a faint whispering in the back of my mind

"Where are you?" The voice says

"Hello?" I shout out loud forgetting that I have to communicate telepathically.

"Are you ok?" The voice asks.

"Yes, I am, well no not really, I'm tied up right now. To a chair. At my mother's house" I reply.

"Oh, ok sorry I'll leave you alone then, this sounds private" the voice responds in my head.

"NO!" I scream in my head. "HELP ME!"

"Oh, wait you mean literally tied up? You're not on some kinky flex?" The voice responds.

"No can you stop asking so many questions and just help me! There's a cabin in the middle of the woods. Are you a part of Blake's pack?" I ask desperately.

"Yeah you could say that" the voice responds darkly.

"Okay good. There's a path covered in leaves near the campsite. Follow it until the end and you'll see a cabin. Don't knock, just enter. You'll find me tied in the kitchen." I say desperately.

"Oh" I quickly remember. "Please tell Blake. I'm Mia. His mate." I say.

The voice lets out a small gasp. "Oh, you're THE Mia?" it says. "Well that makes this even more interesting."

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Don't worry about it. I'm on my way."

The voice disconnects from my head and I'm left in silence again. Who was that? How did they manage to hear me, but Blake couldn't? I think about the voice and realise it was a male one. There was a slight huskiness to it which threw me at first. I liked it.

I started to wonder about what he looked like. Would his face match his voice?

I quickly shook my head. What am I thinking? I have a man. His name is Blake. He's the Alpha. He's the bad boy. I already have the man of my dreams.

So why am I tied up? Why am I thinking about another man? All these thoughts because of a voice?

Before I know it, I'm distracted from my thoughts as I hear the door break down.