Chapter Seventeen

"Run Blake!" I scream. Luna's grip tightens.

"Which one is it gonna be Blake? Tik tok. I think Luna has itchy fingers." Chase says as he taps his wrist.

Blake runs his fingers through his hair as he panics.

"Chase why are you doing this?!" He yells. "She has nothing to do with this!"

"Were you not listening?" Chase yells. "Does your son have a hearing problem?" He asks Jared.

"Must do. He never listened to me. Now look at what's happened." Jared says hoarsely.

Chase stares at us for a few moments before smiling.

"You guys know what I'm like. I love giving people another chance to do right by me, don't I Mia?" He smirks in my direction. "Go home Blake. Have a think. Whack one out to the thought of Mia But, you have 24 hours to make up your mind. If you don't, well...."

He motions for Luna to come forward. She pushes me in front of her as we walk towards Chase.

He rubs his hand across my face and then grabs me by my hair.

"You know what'll happen, right? 24 hours. Leave. Now....oh, one more thing." Chase motions at a few others in his pack to turn back into humans.

"Jared and these three will follow you. You will not communicate with your pack. You will not leave their sight. You will stay at home for the next 24 hours." I gulp as he speaks.

"Make sure you come back with the right answer." Chase threatens Blake and I.

A tear rolls down my face as I watch Blake battle with the decision of walking off or running to save me. I try my best to communicate with my eyes that he should go. He can't take all of them. They'd finish him off within seconds.

Eventually it seems as if he's understood me as he turns around and leaves with Noah. But before he's out of sight, he looks back at me.

"I love you Mia. Remember, you're my mate. We'll get out of this, trust me."

I nod and sniff to stop my nose from running.

I hear Chase snort next to me.

"Yeah yeah, get out of here Batman and Robin" he motions at Noah. Honestly, I have no idea why he's here because he hasn't helped one bit. He really is as useless as Robin.

As I watch them walk away, unsettlement begins to reside within me. They could easily finish me off now and Blake wouldn't know. This could all be a trap. Maybe Blake would choose the blood bond instead of me, and I wouldn't stand a chance. Or maybe he'd choose me, and him losing his role as Alpha would leave us vulnerable as he wouldn't have his pack to protect him.

I shake the thoughts out of my head. Blake will choose me and he'll still stay Alpha. Somehow. I'm not sure how, but he will. He hasn't let me down so far and he won't start now.

"Aww, can everyone else hear the mushy speech inside her head?" Chase mocks. I blush. I forgot they could read my mind. Everybody has just heard me.

"Read my thoughts again. Maybe you'll come across me thinking about how much more Blake pleasures me than you ever could" I hiss.

"WORLDSTAR" I hear someone shout. It sounds like the same guy from English class. I turn my head around to try find who yelled it.

"Well, when Blake comes back and decides to choose you, he won't have any power to protect you, will he?" He grabs my arm and pulls me close to him. His breath kicks - it mimics the aroma of a child who likes to eat hot Cheetos for breakfast before school.

"And then, I can show you what a real man feels like" Chase growls. I gag in response. His face twists with anger and he raises his arm. I shut my eyes and wince at the incoming pain, but it doesn't come. I peek slightly and see Chase smiling in front of me.

"I think we'll save that for later actually....when you have your panties off." He growls again. I hold back another gag.

"Luna, take Mia to her new room" he orders her. Without saying anything, I'm dragged off into the mansion.

As we walk inside, I'm dragged up the stairs and taken down the corridor. I keep my mouth shut and I'm barely able to keep up with Luna's fast pace as she pulls me further down the corridor until we reach the end. She unlocks a door and pushes me inside a room.

I look around. There's a double bed with white sheets. A vanity with fairy lights wrapped around it. I can hear the faint sound of a 2013 Bethany Mota haul video playing from a MacBook. I look at the walls and see a tie dye tapestry pinned onto one.

I turn and see a three-wick Twisted Peppermint candle from Bath and Body Works flickering on the bedside table. Next to it, sits a Victoria Secret body mist in 'Bombshell'. I close my eyes and inhale deeply. It smells like white girl in here. I feel safe.

"Quick, put this on" Luna hisses as she chucks a baseball cap, sunglasses and hoodie at me. "Put those on. Cover your face. I'm going to get you out of here."

I stare at the items she's thrown at the ground next to me.

"You're going to what?" I whisper. I can't be hearing this right.

"I said I'm going to get you out of here. I was never on Chase's side."

My head suddenly becomes dizzy as confusion begins to enter it. "You ambushed me in the woods, what do you mean you're not on Chase's side?!" I whisper scream.

"I've changed since then! You think I'm a bad person Mia? Because I'm not!" She turns around. "I just don't like having my man rejected by other women! That doesn't mean I agree with this!" She hisses as she starts to put stuff in a backpack.

"Mia, put this on" she hands the backpack to me. "I put in some extra clothes as a disguise and a vape pen."

I take it from her.

"What am I going to do with this?" I ask.

"It's just in case" she replies. "I'll help sneak you out, but I can't take you the whole way there. It'll take too long. Chase will know I'm gone" she whispers.

"Where am I going?" I ask confused.

"God, you really are slow Mia. You're going to Blake's house!"

"What? I can't! I'll be breaking the deal and Chase will hurt Bl-"

"No Mia." Luna says gravely. "There is no deal. Not in Chase's mind. He plans on getting rid of you first and then Blake."

My blood pressure rises as my anger makes me shake. Nobody can hurt Blake. Not my mate. Not the man I love.

I sling the backpack over my shoulder.

"I won't let him." I grit through my teeth.

Luna takes my hand. We sneak out of the bedroom and down the stairs. She checks outside. It's empty.

"They've left, they've gone to plan the ambush" she whispers as she pulls me along. We run until we reach the edge of the forest. She then stops and turns to me.

"Go through here. You'll find the way to Blake's house. You'll have to be smart. You need to learn how to block your thoughts or else Chase's guards will hear you coming from a mile away." She sighs and holds my hands. "I don't know what's going to happen, but you need to save Blake. You need to stop Chase."

I nod my head.

"I understand" I begin. "Thank you, Luna." I whisper before running off into the woods.

As the sounds of the leaves crunching underneath my feet fill my ears, I can only think of one thing.

I need to save Blake before it's too late.