Chapter Four

"Dad, it's me, Mia" I say irritated

"Why are you calling me? Where are you?" he replied, mirroring my irritation.

"I'm at a party...can you pick me up please?"

"Where's your friend? Or your brother? What you bothering me for? I'm at the bar, I'm busy" he huffs.

"Dad please" I pleaded, my voice cracking.

"Fine, text me the address" he replied before hanging up.

I quickly texted the address and sat down on the curb, pulling my knees close to my chest as I watched other teens walk in and out of the party.

"Mia!" I freeze and refuse to turn around out of fear of the sound of my voice being called again. God, why can't this night just end?

Blake sits next to me and quickly drapes his vintage leather jacket over my shoulders.

"Blake... please. Not now. I need to be alone."

"What's your problem? You run away and sit out in the cold? God, Mia" Blake sighed.

"What's my problem? I whisper shout. "I think you mean, what's YOUR problem?" I shrug his jacket off of me. "You've never paid attention to me in my life! Yet today you act as if you're in love with me? Who the hell does that? What's wrong with you? Why can't you just leave me alone?" I shout and walk away from Blake.

Suddenly, a 1981 Toyota Truck pulls up and the window rolls down.

"Mia, get in!" shouts a gruff male voice.

As I walk towards the truck, Blake pulls me back.

"Who the hell is that?" He angrily asks.

"Why the hell do you care? You're not my boyfriend" I reply back. He winces and I hold back a smirk.

"God...I really want you to be though" I think to myself.

I quickly remember Chasity and shake my head again in disgust. What is wrong with me?

"Mia, what the HELL are you doing?!" the man shouts again as he opens the car door.

"I'm coming Dad!" I yell back.

"....Dad?" Blake replies, confused.

"Yes" I roll my eyes, annoyed. I quickly speed towards the truck with Blake hot on my heels.

"Mia, who the hell is this boy? I'm not a taxi driver. He better find his own way home" my dad slurred.

"You're drunk and stink of booze" Blake said angrily. "Yet you're picking up your own daughter?" he yelled.

"Look here little boy" my dad slurs. "I don't know who the hell you are" he grabs Blake by the front of his shirt. "But you better get out of here."

"Or what?" Blake hisses.

"Blake...." I say wearily "Please, don't. I just want to go home."

"Mia, I'm going to take you home. Let's go." Blake says sternly, his eyebrows knitted together.

"HA! Who is this joker Mia? Get in the car, now" my dad slurs again.

I sigh and open the car door. Just before I start to make my way inside, I hear a body thud against the car.

"Blake!" I scream as I watch him pin my dad against the car. "What are you doing?"

"This asshole doesn't care about you Mia!" he yells. "He's willing to drive you whilst drunk out of his mind."

"Ok, but you can't just beat everyone up though?" I reply, exhausted. I sigh. "Listen, if I let you take me home, will you calm down?" I asked pleadingly.

Blake turns his eyes to me and his face softens. He lets go of my dad and walks towards me, cupping my face in his hand.

"Let's go" he murmurs gently as he takes my hand and leads me away.

We continue walking down the street for a few minutes until we stop next to a motorcycle.

"Is this yours?" I ask, surprised.

Blake chuckles. "Haha, it is. Like it?"

"Well....your Harley Davidson is nice, but I'm more of a Triumph Bonneville kinda girl" I reply, smirking.

"Wow" he says as his eyes go wide with shock. "You know about bikes?"

"Yup, learnt from my brother" I say, biting my lip.

"Wow, haha, you really are different to all the other girls" he smirks and pulls me closer to him. "Next you're gonna tell me you like video games too."

"I could own you in Call of Duty" I say cheekily, biting my lip harder.

"Oh yeah?" Blake replied back gruffly as he pulled me in closer. "We'll have to see about that soon." I giggle and push my head into his chest.

"Come on" he whispers. "Let's get you home."

He hands me a helmet and I get on behind him. I wrap my slender arms around his muscular waist.

"Don't be shy now" he chuckles. I blush and wrap my arms around his waist tighter before we ride off into the night. He was going 70 in a 30 zone, but I felt like I was in heaven.

Eventually, we reach my home and pull up at the curb. My dad's truck isn't there yet. He probably went back to the bar to drink all our money away.

As I take off my helmet, Blake jumps off his bike, lifts me off and twirls me before placing me gently onto the ground.

I squeal with delight and he smiles gently at me.

"I really enjoyed tonight, Mia" he says, stroking my face.

"Yeah...so did I" I say as I look into his eyes.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?" He says, getting back on his bike.

"Tomorrow" I reply. He winks before riding off.

*BLAKE'S P.O.V*

I can't stop thinking about Mia. God, she's so beautiful. Her beautiful hazel eyes with golden flecks in them, her pouty lips...she's perfect.

I just don't know...how to tell her I'm the Alpha Werewolf and that she's my mate.