Chapter Nineteen

I week as I scoop up her body and place it onto my lap. I rock her as I gently hold onto her head.

"Luna" I cry quietly as I try to shake her awake. "Wake up please." Hopefully she was just knocked out and not -

I can't even say that.

I stay with her body for a few more minutes. I shake her one more time. Her breasts jiggle like Japanese cheesecake.

I stand up and wipe my tears. I then go and collect some leaves and sticks and use it to try and cover up her body. It isn't enough. I take off the backpack she gave me and open it up. There must be something in here. Whether it's a hoodie or a blanket. As I rummage through, my hand brushes against a crumpled piece of paper. I pick it up and unfold it. As I read, tears run down my face.

Dear Mia,

It's Luna. If you're reading this, it's probably too late. I've hidden this letter at the bottom of the backpack I've given you because I don't want you to find it before you find me d-....I think you know. You're probably already crying. I've been planning this for a few days now. I've been blocking my thoughts whenever Chase is around so he can't figure out what I'm doing and stop me. He's been noticing my mind blocks and there's only so many excuses I can come up with. Eventually when he finds you gone, he'll put 2 and 2 together and know what I've done. You know what he's like. He's unhinged. I don't think I'll make it, but it was worth it. He's not the same Chase I knew. He's changed. It has to be because of Jared. He's done something to him. You need to help him. You need to save Blake.

I'm gone now. Don't let me have gone in vain. I saw something in you and decided it was worth it. Prove me right Mia. Hopefully one day we'll meet again. Not in this world, but the next.

Xoxo

Gossip Gi-

Luna.

I fold the paper and place it in my pocket. I quickly wipe a tear from my eye and kiss Luna's forehead.

"I won't let Chase get away with this." I whisper to her before getting up and slinging the backpack over my shoulders. A new determination flows through me.

As I run, I feel my body tingling. I don't know if it's anger or if it's nerves. I've never felt like this before. I shake my head and continue to follow the direction I saw Blake walk in. I fight the urge to call out his name in case one of Chase's guards heard me.

"This way" a voice in my head says.

I drop to the ground. Who was that? I stay silent and wait to hear the voice again. Silence. I slowly get up and start to run again, following the path I originally was going down.

"No! Stop!" the voice in my head yells.

I stop and stay silent. I'm hearing things. I'm too scared to speak.

"Hide now!" The voice yells again in my head. I obey out of fear and quickly duck behind a bush. I don't respond to it. Instead I shut my eyes.

A few moments pass and I start to hear rustling. Two pairs of legs walk past me. I push my body further into the bush. They're talking. As I hear them speak, I recognize their voices. It's the two guys who dumped Luna. I hold my breath and keep my eyes shut until the sound of their walking fades away.

I slowly get up. My heart races.

"Who are you?" I whisper to myself.

"You know who I am Mia" the voice says in my head gently.

"I don't. I really don't. What's going on? I'm scared" I whimper.

The voice laughs gently. It's a soothing laugh. I feel relaxed.