Wyatt Oleff

Song: Solo- Tom Rosenthal

Wyatt sat in the hospital chair by the bed watching as his best friend laughed at something he had said.

Y/N had been diagnosed with lung cancer not too long ago and was getting worse quickly, so Wyatt showed up at the hospital more often.

Most nights he'd sleep there by her side so if she did pass it wasn't alone, Y/N's dad wasn't in the picture and her mom still had to work so she could pay for the medical bills and bills at home.

"Hey Wyatt? Can you promise me something?" She asked softly fiddling with her fingers, "Yeah of course! What is it?" She sighed and looked him in the eyes.

"When I go, don't cry and don't miss me like crazy, and go out and make new friends because you need more. Spending 24/7 with a sick girl is kinda embarrassing! And don't stop being a nerd, because I love you because your a nerd!" Wyatt wiped the tear that fell down her cheek.

"You're gonna get better Y/N! I believe you will!" They both knew that wasn't true, she was due to die any day now.

"Yeah. Maybe your right." She muttered, "Hey remember when we first met?" Wyatt asked trying to lighten the mood.

"How could I forget, I broke you arm!" She giggled remembering the day.

"Get off the swing nerd!" 7 year old Y/N growled at 7 year old Wyatt who wouldn't get off the swing she wanted to use.

"But I'm using it! Find another!" He whined at her making her cross her arms.

"Yeah well I want this one so move!" After a couple minutes and Wyatt wouldn't move Y/N shoved him hard back off the swing making him land on his arm the wrong way snapping it.

Wyatt was rushed to the emergency room and Y/N was left feeling guilty.

The next day when Wyatt came back with a cast Y/N walked up to him.

"Sorry about the arm." She pointed at the cast, "Is okay! I look cool! Wanna sign it?" He asked pushing the cast in her face.

She smiled and wrote her name big on it.

"Wanna be friends?" He asked after she had signed it, "Why not!" "I knew this cast would get me girls!" He first bumped the air.

"Don't push it nerd."

Wyatt felt the hot stream flow down his cheek, "I'm gonna go get something from the vending machine! Okay?" Y/N nodded and watched as he walked out.

He sadly walked down the hall and picked out some food for him and Y/N.

He turned around to walk back but was pushed a bit by doctors running by and into Y/N room.

He dropped the snacks and ran to the room, he entered it seeing doctors everywhere.

Some standing aside and some trying to save her, "What's he doing In here? Someone get him out of here!" All Wyatt could focus on was the limp body on the bed and the flat line sound.

Two doctors grabbed him and placed him outside of the room before shutting the curtain behind them.

Wyatt stood in shock, no tears would leave his eyes as he took in what was going on.

"Time of death-" That's when the tears actually fell.

• • •

Wyatt walked up to The opened casket in the church, he looked at the beautiful face in front of him.

"I should've told you I was in love with you." He muttered.

"I'm so glad I took your swing that day." He stared at the peaceful body as a tear slipped down.

"Rest peacefully now okay?" He brushed his thumb across her cold cheek before backing away from her.

Finally saying goodbye to the love of his life.

• • •

This was so bad Ahahahaha, but I mean I'm updating so that's a plus I guess!