Chapter 11

Both Seiryuu Kenshin and Houou Hiroto were childhood friends of Amano Yuu. After meeting the novel's Hero in high school, the two older boys fell hopelessly in love.

Kenshin was clearly attracted to the Hero, but only watched them from afar. As such, Yuu was able to manipulate him. Why do you have to be the one to hold back? Can you really see it in your heart to forgive those two? Like the serpent that seduced Adam and Eve, that had been Amano Yuu.

Never letting the happy couple out of his sight, Amano Yuu was able to influence Kenshin into harming them. By emphasizing on Hiroto, a crack began to form between the two.

°•°•°

Those were my memories of the novel's universe.

"Wellll. That's not very good, is it? That's okay, I'll just watch quietly from a corner."

(So Seiryuu Kenshin also likes the Hero.)

The next day, I'm still at Kenshin's place. It's because of the overflux of the novel's memories that I couldn't recover from last night. As I wrap and twirl myself in the blankets, forming a makeshift cocoon, my ears catch a pair of approaching footsteps echo from the hall. When the door slides open, I could see tuffs of indigo peeking from the open space.

"Are you awake, Yuu? Do you feel like eating the meal I prepared?"

"I'll eat! Wow, thank you." On the tray lay a bowl of steaming miso soup and a rice ball. My stomach growls at once and I quickly sip the soup, not even caring that it's hot.

"Mmm. Delicious ♡ ♡."

As I'm shoveling down food, keeping him company with a game of shoji, Hiroto enters the room.

"I see you guys are awake. Good morning. Were you lonely yesterday? I was worried since Yuu collapsed earlier. Are you alright now?"

After processing his verbal diarrhea, I flash a smile.

"Thank you for your concern. This meal was very delicious! I'm sorry that I caused you to worry, Hiroto. And yes, I'm fine now."

While the two of us share smiles, Kenshin butts in.

"...Yuu. You already call Hiroto by his name so I'd like for you to call me Kenshin too."

"Huh? Oh okay, I understand. So, Kenshin right?"

"That's right, thank you." With that, he strokes my hair with an odd smile. This time, it's Kenshin and I that share a grin, Hiroto casually inquiring about last night's events.

"By the way Ken, how was yesterday?"

"Pfff...! Both Ken and I choke from our spit.

"Hiroto, what are you talking about?"

"Hmm, because you guys did it, didn't you? See right here? All those hickeys littering your skin. The amount's increasing and they're definitely not from me." With trembling fingers I touch the proof of our night of passion, all the while incredibly aware of the smile stretching across Hiroto's lips.

Totally shameless, Hiroto suddenly places a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh right, Yuu. Is it okay if I confirm something?"

"Sure, what s it?"

"Yuu – Hiroto, wait!"

Right as the words leave Kenshin's mouth, Hiroto picks me up and holds me down. And then the yukata I'm wearing slips, the front spreading wide in an open flap. Suddenly my body is exposed. Naked as the day I was born, I flush crimson in embarrassment. And mortification.