Chapter 17: High School - First Part

The season of the cherry blossoms.

I'm finally starting high school.

The story events of the boys' love novel "Four Gods Academy – Beloved by the Demon King" officially begins.

And the Hero has enrolled into the academy.

His name is Suzaku Keito.

He enrolled in the high school division from outside of the middle school section. Because Four Gods Academy is a school with integrated middle and high schools, the majority of matriculated high school freshmen are from the academy's junior high division.

I only catch a short glimpse of him since we're in different classrooms. But I'm still able to make out dark brown eyes and hair the gentle shade of milk tea.

I think he's the type Hiroto likes.

For some reason even after seeing the Hero, my memories don't return. Where's the headache? How bizarre.

(Is this how my life's going to be like from now on? Ugh. I just want to live peacefully!)

When Hiroto and the others ultimately fall in love with the Hero, I'll be looking from afar.

It'll be lonely though; those guys were all my friends.

"Oh well. It is what it is. Gotta aim to live through old age. A peaceful life! That's my survival strategy! Yah!"

First step: level up!

Teruki: "Yuu, my favorite person! Do you still play that game?"

Yuu: "Teruki...uuu. You traitor..."

My eyes catch the shine of his golden locks.

Teruki used to be around my height, but lately it seems like he's gotten through a growth spurt. And now he towers over me just like everybody else.

He's only a little shorter than that giant Mizuki now. When I stand between the two of them it looks like a little kid sandwiched by grown ups. It's a sore spot for me. I run my mouth on Teruki out of frustration.

"It's about time for my growth spurt too! So don't think you can look down at me from way up there for long!"

"Oh♪. Are you looking forward to that?"

His smile shifts from a mischievous boy's to buddhist priest's. And so does his laughter. The hand that's patting my head is bigger than from several months ago. It spurs an increasing sense of security in my heart. Mmm. Teruki's caressing feels really nice. You're gonna stroke my head some more? I guess he could read my thoughts because he just smiled and continued to pet me.

"Ehehehe. Thanks, Teruki. Where's Mizuki?"

"Maybe he's coming from a different place?"

Suddenly, loud cheers erupt from the schoolyard.

As Teruki peers out the window facing the spectacle, he announces in a clear voice:

"It looks like it's going to be a lively morning. The whole Student Council's out there."

[Four Gods Academy Student Council]

Also known as the Houou Corps. It's a group of charismatic people led by the Student Council President, Houou Hiroto.

When their morning duties are completed, each of the Student Council members would get crowds of people watching and following them as they head to class.

"Do you want to take a look, Yuu? We can go outside."

"No, I don't think I can."

Back in junior high, it might have been okay. But now, there's a Hero among all the high school students.