Chapter 14

Byakko Teruki is a support character from the boys' love novel Four Gods Academy – Beloved by the Demon King. He's a person who not only treats the Hero nicely, but the villain Amano Yuu as well.

I'll go through the story at my own pace, my own stance. And with such a conscious personality, it'll be easier to pay attention to my surroundings and not get tripped up.

Seiryuu Mizuki is also a supporting character from the novel. He's Seiryuu Kenshin's cousin and a classmate of Yuu. Also known as Kenshin's messenger. He's the only character in the novel that befriends the Hero while keeping a strictly platonic relationship with them.

"I'm worried about them, but I'm also worried about you. Open up your eyes and take a good look around. Do you understand the current situation? Besides Yamada's crew, there are probably other people who'd want to mess with you."

"No way. Nobody needs me for anything. It definitely won't happen."

"Amano! Hey, wait up!"

"I don't dislike you, probably."

°•°•°

I faint for the umpteenth time, waking up in the infirmary.

How long was I out? I'm able to pick and claw at the wisps of my consciousness floating about, brought on by gentle fingers combing through my hair.

"...? Byakko?"

"Oh, you're awake. I should have napped."

He continues stroking my hair. I guess that's why he's a support character. What the heck. This is really relaxing. More, yes I want you to keep doing that. Without thinking, I reach out and squeeze his hand.

"What, you're just like a cat. You really don't remember anything, do ya?"

(Sorry. I do have some of the novel's memories, though.)

"Ah, you're still a bit red where they roughed you up. Don't sweat it about Yamada. You didn't do anything wrong."

"...?"

"Honestly. I guarantee it. You're alright. I know it, yo." (T/N: Teruki loves speaking slang.)

Hearing such a gentle voice directed at me, I hide under the covers, the corners of my eyes moistening.

"I'm a poisonous flower. Stole the Student Council Secretary's position from right under their nose. I'm a dick, you know? If you still think I'm a nice guy then you're sadly mistaken."

"Hah?!" In his surprise, Byakko lets out a loud voice.

"What are you saying dude...you...what the heck..."

And then the dam breaks, the waterfall of my tears rushing out. As I continue to bawl, throat throbbing, Byakko waits patiently for me before speaking.

"Ahh, there's a reason the previous secretary was sacked in the first place."

"...kuh...why are you so understanding?"

"That's because the previous secretary was my older bro. You should meet him directly and clear things up. Are you free after school today?"

Byakko takes out his phone and fiddles with it, and as soon as it seems like he found what he wanted, he shoots his gaze out to the corridor.

"Ah! So what are you gonna do now? Oh? My brother says he'd be free today. Looks like an after school date."

"Heh. What the."

"You're laughing now. Well, tell me all about it later. I know, I know. You're seriously feeling weird. Just talk to him directly, like how I do with Mizuki. You don't got to worry about anything. I'm going to grab my things. Homeroom will end soon, so do you wana head out together?" (T/N: jfc please speak in short, simple sentences please Teruki...his monologue is probably only 50% correct)