Chapter 36: The Feelings of the Erotic Demon King, Houou Hiroto Pt. 5

During the early morning of that day, I was grinding through the Student Council affairs without breaking a sweat. Recently, I'd been so busy. To be frank, I was swamped. I wanted to throw down the towel.

I had a complete deficiency of Yuu.

Last night, he appeared in my dreams. The Yuu within my dreams was...quite amazing.

He called out to me with assertion, body trembling from embarrassment at the barrage of my words... Although I recalled more beyond that, my work would be hindered if I didn't omit some of it.

Then, my wish had come true: Yuu showed up at the Student Council office. It had been a while since we could meet as just the two of us. For that I was pleased; I had a hard time keeping a smile off my face.

Yuu seemed delighted as he nudged my chair. Crap, I was boiling up...These days I wasn't able to meet with or touch him. Hugging him from behind, I dropped kisses on his nape. I sighed after taking in Yuu's scent for the first time in a while.

However, my moment of happiness was destroyed by Yuu himself. Although I was unable and unwilling to catch the whole story due to shock, I did hear Hasumyouji's name. He's the Vice President, an underclassman whom I relied on often and who completed his duties well.

At first I wondered if he was jealous. Later I noticed the root of Yuu's intense rejection appeared to be different from that of my initial thoughts. Apparently, there was a misunderstanding about Satsuki and I going out. As I tried to correct this in a hurry, Yuu's words caused my head to go pure white.

Before Yuu lost his memory, I was well-known for going with the flow. I never once considered Yuu's feelings. (T/N: I think the literal translation was "float as it is." I changed it to "going with the flow.")

Was this the punishment for those times?

Yuu said that he would cheer for me and Satsuki, that he would not disturb us. That on top of all that, I was dating Satsuki and he was just the childhood friend, among other things.

I got cold sweats.

Towards Yuu, I was...in what way did his existence concern me?**

How did I feel about my conduct towards Yuu?

Various ideas came to mind.

For now, in order to clear this misunderstanding, I realized I had to speak with Yuu and get through to him. Yet, I was prevented to do so by Satsuki entering the room.

Satsuki talked to me about something, but I couldn't for the life of me respond.

I wondered if Yuu had since lost my wholehearted feelings, putting them to rest.

After Yuu parted with his memories, on what basis could I believe that it was natural for him to like me still? Even if I held it in, there were still parts of me that felt anxious...

Before I knew it, Satsuki was already inside the room. I sat on my own seat, befuddled for a while.

When I came to myself, Suzaku and Byakko were standing in front of me,

"...Hey...It's already after school...How long are you going to stand there all confused and pathetic~! This...Amano is hurting~!" Suzaku eyed me with irritation.

"...Senpai, it's unwise to inquire here. Where can we speak?" Byakko watched me steadily.

"...Hiroto! What's going on?" Mizuki had invited Kenshin along.

What's going on...I wanted to know.

Suzaku proposed migrating destinations to the Academy Chairman's office. Surely if it's not over there, anybody would be able eavesdrop.