Chapter 25: High School - Seventh Part

It's a few minutes before homeroom starts when I'm just chatting up nonsense with Teruki and Mizuki.

Then, Suzaku walks over to us.

Suzaku: "...Good morning."

Teruki: "Morning. Where'd you been this morning?"

Suzaku answers Teruki a bit reservedly.

Suzaku: "No...I have something to say to Amano. I would like to have a bit of your time after school, please."

He stares at me as he says this, and I look down in reflex.

Teruki: "Hey, Yuu. You should probably go by yourself."

Teruki pats my shoulder and I share his gaze, nodding.

Flash forward to after school

(...Ehh. I wonder what he wants.)

I'm just waiting in the classroom, feeling a bit worried and sad, when Suzaku finally shows up.

Suzaku: "I have kept you waiting. Well, let's go."

Yuu: "Y-yes..."

I catch a glimpse of Teruki waving his hands at me. Since Mizuki has club activities, he's already left for the kendo department.

(Uuuu...)

We walk in silence for a while. Eventually, we end up in a park near the school grounds.

Suzaku: "Is it alright for me to talk to you here?"

Yuu: "Oh, yes..."

We sit on a nearby bench.

(...Ah...I'm so nervous...)

Suzaku: "Amano-kun."

Yuu: "Huh?...Oh...yes?"

Suzaku: "I am sorry for taking a rude manner with you during the Training Camp."

Yuu: "Ehh? Uh...what?"

Well, that's a surprise. I thought he blamed me for some reason, so I didn't expect an apology.

Suzaku: "...I heard rumors that you were stalking Houou-senpai. I believed them without doing any research...Byakko-kun said I must see the real you before forming any conclusions. But, I don't know you as a person. So, please teach me...Starting from tomorrow, may I join you in your activities?"

Yuu: "...what about the Student Council members?"

Aren't they watching over you?

Suzaku: "...I was very grateful for their help, but as of yesterday I have asked to be relinquished from their care. It has been quite a while since I've entered high school, and such days won't last forever. I have also declined the Student Council assistant position. It consists of too many responsibilities for me."

Yuu: "...I-Is that so..."

Suzaku: "So, how will it be tomorrow? Do you accept?"

Yuu: "I don't really mind...though do Teruki and Mizuki know about this?"

Suzaku: "Yes, of course."

This interaction floods my body with a lot of emotions, and I turn to Suzaku and smile.

Yuu: "Ehehe. I've thought about what you said. Suzaku-kun, thank you!"

Suzaku: "...No, thank you for tomorrow."

Suzaku-kun suddenly stands up with his face red for some reason. Since we're about the same height, our lines of sight are pretty close.

Suzaku: "Well, then. See you tomorrow."