Chapter 40: High School - Twenty-first Part

That night, when Genbu-senpai's father came home, we eat dinner prepared by the housekeeper. After taking a bath, we discuss studying for tomorrow's supplementary lessons.

Since I had been hospitalized and couldn't participate in those lessons, Genbu-senpai collaborated with the teachers. He doubles as home tutor for me and takes responsibility for my studies.

Sorry for troubling you. As I'm reviewing the test materials, senpai flashes me a smile.

Genbu's father: "I'm home Airu-kun, Amano-kun. Oh? Airu-kun...! As expected, today you didn't go off anywhere. Well done, well done!"

Airu: "Daddy, you're annoying."

Genbu's father: "How terrible. I love Airu-kun so much...Oh, I'll take a bath~."

Genbu-senpai's father waltzes into the bathroom with a grin. By accident, I catch a glimpse of senpai. By the way, the nurse said that whenever she had saw him in town, he had seemed totally different from the child long ago. Perhaps, because I'm here, he can't go out to play today. That's inexcusable. Senpai has his own life.

Yuu: "...Umm, senpai"

Airu: "...Hm? What's the matter?"

Yuu: "I can take care of the house properly. If you want to go out and play, please don't hold yourself back."

Senpai's smile twitches silently before freezing in place."...Ehhh...?"

Yuu: "Senpai's life belongs to senpai, so please give yourself priority...Oh, I'm already happy that you're helping me study for the supplementary lessons..." If he abandons me here, I might end up repeating a year!

He sits on the sofa, one hand propping up his head. He is motionless as he watches me, lost in thought.

Airu: "...Wow...Your upturned eyes...are you giving me one of those looks? Are you a little devil-chan, Amano-kun? ...What to do? I wonder if I can go to the room as it is. There are things that can make us feel good together." (T/N: Super thanks to Mai-Mai for the help in this line!)

Yuu: "...Um..."

As I'm worrying about how to answer him, his father returns to the living room. In his hand is an evening drink set...beer and takoyaki on a tray.

Airu: "...Daddy, I want to drink..."

Genbu's father: "You can't, Airu-kun. Will you be able to keep reasoning after drinking alcohol?** You can have Kaori's plum juice, though."

Airu: "...Reasoning huh...impossible..." His father and I send him off trudging as we have a conversation about many things. I talk about my daily school life, what I do at home in my leisure time, and so on.

Genbu's father: "...Oh, by the way, do you remember anything before fainting from your fever?"

Yuu: "Um, Genbu-senpai and Soma-senpai came to the school infirmary somehow...but my memory's kind of hazy...I feel like I was thinking about something but..."

Genbu's father: "I see. This is an acute psychological phenomenon...If the root is deep, it'll be a bit troublesome..."

Yuu: "...?"

His father seems to ponder for a while, but during the process, Genbu-senpai returns to the room.

Airu: "...Bunny-chan, can you drink plum juice? ...Here!"

Yuu: "Thank you very much...Oh, this juice is refreshing and delicious."

Genbu's father: "I see, I see! My beloved Kaori-san returns to the country only for a short period every year and makes it!"