Hiding the Truth

Maddie's POV

I was walking out of my last period trying to find kara and her car. she knows she can fly but she doesn't want to risk it.

I find her car and her waving at me. I'm waking up to her as Hanna stopped me and said
"you better not tell anyone what happened today. or everyone will know what's wrong with you fag."

she whispers that into my ear and I go to the car with almost tears in my eyes.

I get in the passenger seat and kara immediately says something. "hey, how was your fir-" she was cut off when she looked at my face. "what happened."
"I don't want to talk about it right now. when we go home I'll maybe talk."
she nodded her head.

we were driving in complete silence until we got to kara's apartment.

she sets her keys on the table and looks at me worriedly. I run upstairs into my room me and kara did the other day and put on a hoodie so she won't see my scars.

"hey maddie, can you come down here please."
"ya hang on."
after i put on a hoodie I run downstairs.

kara is sitting on the couch. "come sit next to me." I go sit next to her hoping she won't notice anything.
"r u okay, you've just been seeming a little bit off lately."
"ya I'm fine" I lie.
"you know you can tell me anything. I won't judge I will only help you. I promise. I love you and nothing is going to change that."

after that I start crying and hug kara so tight. I cry on her shoulder "it's okay, shhh, everything okay."

this just makes me cry more. And after a while I'm sleeping next to kara passed out on the couch.

you will never be anything. you deserve this hatred. you deserve nothing! you deserve to die!!

I wake up and start screaming and kara was there right when I woke up because she used her superspeed to get to me.

"hey, nightmare again." she said while hugging tight to make me calm down a bit.

I just nod In her shoulder and we stay hugging for a while until she asked this question
"please tell me what's wrong, I want to help, I want you to be able to tell me anything. so what's on your mind baby?"

what will maddie do? will she tell kara about herself? will she tell her about the bullies? or wil she tell her a lie to hide everything?!
find out in the next chapter loves ♡