eighteen

"cmon get out of the cold" will said tugging on mikes sleeve, pulling him inside

Mike frowned, he slid his sweater off and wrapped it around wills petit figure, "here, you don't like the cold right" Mike smiled softly at the other boy and then proceeded into the living room

will tried to ignore the butterflies in his stomach but it was so hard, especially when Mike turned around, grinned and grabbed wills hand. "cmon byers, show me around the house"

will froze, "what are you even doing here" he whispered

Mikes face fell, the smile wiped off his features instantly.

"I- uh- I wanted to fix things and.... and apologize"

will frowned, "apologize for what?"

"how I've been treating you"

will intertwined his hand in Mikes and led the wheeler boy over to the couch

"it's okay Mike-" will said softly

"no, no it isn't. I was a dick, you're my bestfriend and some stupid girl isn't gonna ever change that" Mike reached out like he was gonna put his hand on wills cheek but decided otherwise and settled for resting it on wills thigh

will was sure Mike could hear his heart, it was beating so loudly. eventually he said with a small smile, "I thought el wasn't stupid?"

Mike laughed softly, "things change Byers"

will tilted his head, trying to understand exactly what Mike had meant by that.

"you okay Mike?"

Mike nodded, "yeah uh... how's Sophie?"

"Sophie?"

"you know... your girlfriend" it pained Mike to speak those words even thought it shouldn't. will was just a friend. he could date girls if he wanted to.

"she's not my girlfriend" Will spoke, not meeting mikes eyes

"what? but Sophie said you were bi and dating and-"

"Mike..." will said slowly

Mike moved closer to will, "yeah?"

"I'm gay, not bi and Sophie isn't my girlfriend, you're the one with a girlfriend"

"but Sophie said-"

"it wasn't true"

"what why?"

"she wanted to make someone jealous"

"who?" Mike whispered in a way too hopeful voice that he mentally scolded himself for using. he leaned in way too close to wills face so that their noses were almost touching.

"Y-" will started, his breath catching in his throat as his eyes scanned mikes gorgeous complexion. "can we just move on" will finally finished. deciding not to tell wheeler the full truth.

Mike wanted so bad to keep pushing but he didn't want to mess up what he'd just fixed so just said, "I- I just wanted to say I'm sorry and that I really really don't care if you don't like girls like its fine. I still love you."

Mikes face went scarlet at his last words spoken and a bewildered grin spread across wills.

"you love me!?"

" of course I do you're my- you're my bestfriend"

"I love you too Mikey"

Mike wrapped his arms around wills waist pulling him close, will wrapped his arms around mikes neck. he buried his face in the crook of the other boys neck and closed his eyes.

"thanks Mike" he spoke softly

Mike could feel his heart fluttering at the other boys body pressed up against his own

"thanks for what?"

"for coming to see me, i was going crazy here alone" will said, his nightmares flashing through his memories causing him to pull the other boy even closer. will was basically on Mikes lap at this point, this legs intertwined and wills head resting on mikes chest.

Mike smiled and gently titled wills head so they were making eye contact. he cupped wills cheek and began running his thumb across it. "remember what I said on Halloween?"

"what?" will said, leaning into mikes touch

"crazy together" Mike pressed his forehead against wills

"yeah... crazy together"