twenty four

"so mike are you ready to meet the losers". will asked as they stood in the entrance to the hanlon farm.

"what if they hate me?" mike whispered

will turned to the other boy and cupped his face with his hands. "mikey you're impossible to hate. believe me. i've tried"

mike gave him a soft smile and kissed the boy on his forehead before knocking.

hanlon threw open the door with his usual beautiful smile on his face, stan was behind him, his arm wrapped around the other boys shoulders.

"so you're the infamous mike?" stan stated. looking mike up and down with an incredibly judgemental look on his face. hanlon elbowed the other boy and muttered something along the lines of "be nice". stan sighed and walked towards the other losers, who were all gathered in the living room.

hanlon smiled at mike and reached out to shake his hand. "any friend of wills is a friend of ours"

will bit his lip, "well actually more than a friend. hes uh he's"

mike put his hand on wills shoulder and finished the sentence for him. "i'm his boyfriend".

will could hear richie yell, "damn you getting it good then byers" and see eddie hit richie on the head with a book hanlon left on the living room table.

will smiled, his heart filled with love for his new friends. all the people he loved most (minus max) were in one room. he felt a smile spread across his face. this past year may have been a difficult one, but the next year was starting on a beautiful note.

he glanced around the living room, hanlon and stan were talking about who knows what, both cuddled up on the same arm chair. bill, ben and bev were all playing a card game on the floor. ben was whining about losing, while bill giggled and bragged about winning for the four time in a row while bev looked utterly annoyed and rested her head in her hands. eddie and richie were sitting next to the boys on the couch.

mike seemed to have settled right into the group once a few hours passed. the others treating him as though he had always been a loser.

it was in that moment when will realized, wherever will was, mike was the happiest. as long as will was there. mike didn't need anything else.

will lovingly reached up and stroked mike's cheek. mike glanced over at the boy, "wanna go talk outside for a bit?" mike asked. will glanced at the clock. it was 11:58pm. he nodded and let mike lead him outside to the hanlons insanely huge backyard.

mike wrapped his arm around wills waist. they could faintly hear the new years countdown from the living room and they walked.

mike pulled will closer, turning to face him. his hand resting on the boys cheek

10

mike moved closer

9

8

7

6

they were so close their noses were touching and will could feel mike's warm breath on his cheek

5

4

3

their lips collided just as the countdown hit one. the neighbours had lit fireworks that went off just as the boys kissed, matching those in their hearts.

as mike pulled away he rested his forehead against wills. "i love you byers. always have. always will"

will looked up into mike's eyes, "i love you too mikey, so much"

and without another word the boys kissed again.

maybe some stories do have a happy ending. byers, he never thought he'd get one. not in a million years. let alone with the love of his life. his childhood bestfriend. the boy he had been chasing since he was 5, and had finally gotten.

maybe fate does exist, or maybe you create your path for yourself. either way, two souls met, that were always meant for eachother. they intertwined, inseparable. not even another dimension or some superpowered girl could tear them apart. they were in it for the long run.

————

the next day sophie foster, robin, max and steve all recieved the same call. "i got the boy"

steve and robin were together when they received the call, steve squealed im joy and robin muttered something along the lines of "ill break his bones if he hurts the kid"

surprisingly, sophie and max had gotten quite close while will was gone. they were sitting on sophie's bed, max's head in sophie's lap, max playing with sophie's hair. an adoring expression across her face. sophie's phone rang with a call at the same time as max's. "ah so he got the dickhead" sophie said rolling her eyes. "beats me as to why he wanted mike so bad." max smiled and pulled the other girl closer. "sometimes we can't help who we love."