01

First grade.

I sat in the reading section with a random picture book in my lap. It was currently free-time and while most students chose to play with the toys I chose the reading section, my favorite place in the classroom. I was able to read some words and put together a few sentences but I mostly liked to look at the pictures and create my own stories. 

"What are you doing?" 

I looked up to see a boy holding two car trucks in each hand. We were in the same class room but I never spoken to him before. 

"Reading." I answered looking back down at my book.

"You can read?" he asked dropping his toys and walking over to sit by me. "Can you read it to me?"

"W-well I can't read too well yet." I explained. "I can read some words only."

"That's okay." The boy giggled. "My name is Jungkook. What's your name?"

"My name is Mina." I answered. 

Seventh grade.

"Don't be weird about it." I whispered to Jungkook. 

We were currently in his bedroom sitting on his bed across from each other. I could tell by the way Jungkook was fidgeting with the hem of his shirt and how red his ears were that he was nervous. And if I'm being completely honest so was I. Last week in homeroom this boy, Jisoo, teased Jungkook about not having his first kiss yet and ever since Jungkook was hell bent on making it happen however he was too shy to ask any girl so he asked the only girl he's ever known, me. Since neither of us had our first kiss we both decided it was better we kiss each other and save ourselves from any potential embarrassment. 

"I-I'm not making it weird, you are!" he whispered back. "We need to hurry up before my parents get home."

I panicked, "Wait, how do we do this?" I asked. 

"Just h-hold still." he said placing both hands on either side of my head. "I think I saw this in one of the dramas my mom watches."

"Well hurry up, your hands are sweaty." I groaned. 

Jungkook closed his eyes and slowly leaned in. I quickly closed my eyes and held my breath. It felt like hours before Jungkook's lips finally met mine and once it did we both pulled away staring at each other with wide eyes. 

"That was so weird." I said wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. "I'm glad that's over."

Jungkook smiled, "We had our first kiss. We are no longer losers!" he cheered pulling me in for a hug.

Tenth Grade.

"I hate this place." Jungkook mumbled as we walked through the halls of our high school. 

I nodded, "I can't wait for school to end." I sighed. "I swear the day has been going by so slow."

"Three more periods then we can finally watch the Avengers." Jungkook smiled. "It looks so cool."

"I know and Thor looks so hot, I can't wait!" I exclaimed making Jungkook roll his eyes. 

We both entered the library where we usually eat lunch. It wasn't as sad as it sounded, we just like being in a less crowded area also we didn't have a lot friends. You would think puberty and high school would make us grow apart but surprisingly we never stopped being friends. Matter of fact, we've only gotten closer. 

"Do you think Jaebum is going to watch the movie too?" I asked. 

Jungkook shrugged, "I don't know, a lot of people are probably going to be there." he answered. "Why?"