16

"Come here." Jungkook said grabbing my arm and pulling me into him. 

"We have to go." I pouted wrapping my arms around his waist. "We're going to be late."

He smiled, "You don't seem too eager to leave." he said before placing a kiss on my forehead. I sighed into his kiss, heart melting in his arms. 

"Best friends don't do this." I reminded him making him laugh.

"Best friends who aren't in love with each other don't do this." he corrected. "Don't ruin the moment, Mina."

I rolled my eyes, "I have to because we're going to be late and we agreed not to." I said making him groan. 

"Well, I take it back." he mumbled tucking my hair behind my ear. 

I gently pushed him off, "Let's go." I said ignoring him. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes following behind me as we left our apartment building. The night we had our little confession, we decided that while we love each other ultimately our friendship was the most important thing. The biggest fear we had was losing our friendship, we knew we were in love with each right now but what if in a couple months we aren't and our friendship is ruined. We both would never risk tearing our friendship apart but we've both seen how hard it is to just ignore our feelings so we decided to take things slow. We are best friends and will remain best friends but if something happens and we decide to take our relationship further then we will. In the meantime, we will try to just be best friends and not rush into anything. We agreed the best thing to do would be to try go back to when neither of us knew we were in love minus the heartbreak and angst. It's a lot harder for Jungkook than I, he only made it 2 hours before he tried to say he changed his mind. Apparently, all Jungkook wants to do is kiss me and as amazing as that sounds, one of us has to take this serious. 

He slung his arm over my shoulder as we walked through campus. Jungkook had to pick up something from Namjoon and asked me to come along. I didn't mind especially since I didn't have anything better to do. As we entered the music building, Jungkook led the way. I usually wait outside the building for Jungkook after class and never actually been inside so I was a bit surprised at just how nice it was. It was no secret Jin's father plays a huge role in funding the music department. Jin comes from a long line of money but his main interest is music. It took a long time before Jin's father was fully supportive but it definitely shows through the building. The building itself is nicer than the town Jungkook and I grew up in. I was so amazed by the dance studio to notice that we were walking towards the studio room. I instantly smiled when Jungkook opened the door and I saw Namjoon, Yoongi and Jimin. 

"You two finally together?" Yoongi asked before either of us could even say hello. 

I shook my head, "As together as best friends can be." I answered making Jungkook laugh. 

"I told you." Jimin snickered looking at Namjoon. "You owe me 30 dollars."

"You bet on us?" Jungkook asked in disbelief. "You had no faith in me?"

"So, what went wrong?" Namjoon asked ignoring Jungkook. "I thought after everything you both would eventually date."

"Our friendship is more important," I answered making them roll their eyes.

Yoongi snorted, "You're telling me, you had a mind blowing realization that you love Jungkook, ignored him for two weeks, spent weeks crying over him, kissed one of his closest friends then disappeared for 5 days, for no reason?" he asked. 

"Not for no reason." I rolled my eyes. "We are going to take things day by day and if that leads to a relationship then so be it. If not, we will remain best friends. It's a win/win."

"So, basically for no reason." Jimin mumbled. 

"You're basically back at square one." Namjoon added. 

Jungkook chuckled, "Just give me the USB." he said. 

They all exchanged words before Namjoon eventually found the USB and handed it to Jungkook. We said quick goodbyes before leaving the studio. I got a quick glimpse of Hoseok in the dance studio on our way out, I wanted to say hello but Jungkook told me it was best not to interrupt Hoseok in the middle of dancing. As we began our walk back to our apartment Jungkook grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. 

"We used to do this before." he said before I could let go or say something. 

"You're not slick." I mumbled looking at Jungkook who smiled down at me. "You're lucky you're cute."

We walked the rest of the way hand in hand. When we got home, I joined Jungkook in his room while he played Call of Duty. Usually, I find him very annoying but lately everything he does makes my heart warm. I've been a love sick puppy since I found out he was in love with me. I've been putting up this front but it's been so hard not to reach over and kiss him. Jungkook has been annoyingly sweet as well which didn't help at all. This morning I woke up to breakfast and little note that he wrote before he left for class. Then when I got out of class, he was waiting for me. He took me out to eat which he made loud and clear that it was strictly platonic even though he kept calling it a date. God, I love him. 

"Jungkook." I called out from behind him. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with his headset on screaming to whoever was at the other end, probably Yugyeom. 

"One second." he mumbled before going back to his game. 

I rolled my eyes and crawled over to wrap my arms around his waist, "I'm tired." I whispered taking one side of his headset off. 

"You can sleep," he said not taking his eyes off his game. "You don't have to wait up for me."

One rule that I had to set was that we would not sleep together anymore. Jungkook hated it but he respected that it was something I didn't want to happen. It would be too much. Not saying anything sexual would happen but sleeping with Jungkook is very intimate and knowing that we both love each other would make it too much but at this point I'm already in too deep. 

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" I asked making him freeze. "This is a one time thing." 

"Yugyeom, I gotta go." he said before quickly turning off his PS5. I rolled my eyes and sat back watching as he put his controller and headset away before turning to smile at me. "I thought this was the one rule that we couldn't break."

I shrugged, "I miss cuddling with you." I said making him laugh. 

Jungkook turned off his bedroom light and climbed into bed. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me into his chest and I snuggled closer to him. 

"I have to tell you something, don't get annoyed." he whispered. "I know this goes against everything but I just wanna say it."

"What?" I asked.

"I love you." he giggled hugging me tighter. My heart skipped a beat as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. 

"You're so annoying." I smiled. "I love you too, idiot."

Jungkook cupped my cheeks and scattered kisses on face, "I love you." he stated again. 

"Good night, Jungkook." I mumbled burying my face in his neck before he could kiss me on the lips. 

"Good night." he chuckled. 

A/N: 

The end is nearing. I love Jungkook hhhhhh :(