06

"How do I look?" Jungkook asked making me look up from the stupid show I was currently binge watching. I instantly smiled, he looked so cute. He was wearing a black long sleeve oversized shirt with black cargo pants and black sneakers. You would think he'd switch things up for a date but nonetheless he looked good. 

I pinched his cheek, "The cutest." I gushed making him roll his eyes. 

"Do you think I look cute enough to get laid?" he asked making my stomach drop and I guess so did my face because he looked at me with concern. "I'm just kidding, Mina."

"O-Oh, no I just remembered I have a ton of homework due tonight." I lied. I don't know why I was so shocked hearing him say that, I mean it's not like Jungkook didn't sleep around with girls. He kept that part of his life separate but I'm not blind. He's come home in the morning wearing the same exact clothes from the night before and I don't really care for it so I don't know why hearing him say it felt so weird. "Have fun, make sure she returns you home to me before midnight and please let me know if she's going to be sleeping over  beforehand so I can find somewhere else to be."

"Yeah, I know." he laughed checking his phone. "She's downstairs."

I grabbed both sides of his face, "Remember, if you need me for anything call me, I'll be waiting up for you. Don't forget to send me your location just in case. Also you look handsome, Jungkook. I'm being serious when I say she's very a lucky girl." I said half serious and half teasing repeating to him what he usually says to me when I go out on dates. 

"You know, I don't have to go." he smiled pulling me into a hug. "We can just spend the night together and watch Bob Ross."

"Are you crazy? She's downstairs probably freezing, idiot." I said pushing him away. "Hurry up, Jungkook." 

He sighed, "Okay, I'll see you later tonight." he smiled. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I smiled back walking him to the door. 

My smile fell once the door closed. I had a lot of mixed feelings about his date. The past couple of days have been kind of weird. I don't know how I really feel about Jungkook going on a date which is very confusing because I should be happy but instead I just have a weird feeling I can't figure out. Jungkook kept his last relationship basically hidden from me and once I did find out it wasn't like it lasted any longer anyways. I've never actually witnessed Jungkook being a boyfriend. I guess I'm just protective and a little possessive because it scares me that I won't be able to spend as much time with him anymore. 

It's always lonely when Jungkook leaves the apartment but something about tonight made me feel so empty. I guess I really have no choice but to actually do my homework. Well, this sucks. I spent the past couple of months trying to get back into dating and instead Jungkook's got all the luck. I'm jealous. I tried figuring out why I was feeling so off about this whole date situation and I came to conclusions I'm jealous that he's the one who's going on a date. I should be happy, I mean I am because it's been a while since Jungkook has even mentioned a girl. He can't be there for me 24/7 and it's selfish that he has to put his life on hold just so I can be happy. He deserves this. 

I spent the rest of the night finishing my homework while simultaneously checking my phone in case Jungkook texted me. It only took my dumbass 3 hours to finish but at that point I was a bit worried because I haven't heard from him. I know nothing could have gone wrong, if anything the night was going well and that scared the shit out of me. I always told Jungkook if he needed the place to himself I would be more than happy to leave but he's never asked and I don't think I would even be prepared. A million things ran through my mind, it was overwhelming. I don't think it's normal to be this invested in your best friends love life. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of keys opening the front door.

"Did you have fun?" I asked from the couch once I heard Jungkook come in. I could tell he was alone, thank God. 

"It was nice." he shrugged joining me on the couch. "What did you end up doing?"

"Finished all my homework." I answered letting Jungkook wrap his arms around me. "A very productive night. So, tell me all about it."

He smiled resting his head on my shoulder, "Well, she's very nice and funny. We talked about Professor Song a lot, she took his photography class too! She showed me some of her work and it was amazing. She's a great photographer." he explained. "We ended up going to a karaoke bar after and we sang together. It was fun, I even walked her home."

I was happy for him. I was but I was also sad. My emotions have been all over the place tonight but actually hearing how good his date went made these feelings even more real. I've never felt more lonely. Whenever I feel lonely, Jungkook reminds me that we're lonely together but now he might have someone and I don't know if I can face this without him. I don't know if I want to.

"Did you kiss her good night?" I asked playing with his hair. 

"No, it didn't feel right." he answered. I don't know why but it was a relief hearing that. 

"I'm glad you had fun." I whispered looking down at him. "Even more glad I won't have to spend the night alone."

"Of course, I'll always come back to you." he smiled. 

There was something about the way he said that, that made my heart skip a beat. He always makes sure that I'm never alone but hearing him say it right now made it mean even more to me. He always does come back to me.

A/N: 

Sorry these past few chapters have been confusing and short, they all have to do with Mina figuring out her feelings.