XXI. AT GUNPOINT

―♡―
𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘢𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘯𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵]

'you stick to your guns when they're against my head, this time round aim for my chest instead'

they're against my head, this
time round aim for my chest instead'

♥♕♥♕♥

Since the impromptu party at the compound, Thea had been staying with Cami as she didn't want to impose any further on the wolves and was sure as hell not ready to return home. As promised, the Lockwood teen had been doing everything she could to help Cami research ways to help her uncle – she had been on the phone constantly with Bonnie as the Bennett which helped to try and find something to help them, but so far, they hadn't come across anything worth giving a second glance to.

Seeing Cami so distressed and worried made Thea's problems seem insignificant and gave her the distraction she was so desperately seeking. Instead of worrying about herself and the broken relationship she and Klaus shared, she threw herself into trying to help Cami. The wolf had also visited Davina – as much as she was allowed that is with all the witch elders and Monique constantly harassing her and putting her down.

The witches were angry with Davina for not completing the Harvest when she was supposed to, and as a result, the poor girl was being treat as the runt – with no respect and completely shut out. Though Thea couldn't be with her every minute of every day, the wolf sought out every possible opportunity she had to visit the young witch in order to give her some relief from the witches' torments.

It seemed the witches were too fearful to cause trouble when Thea was around them as they didn't want Elijah and Klaus on their backs. And whilst the thought pissed Thea off greatly for she wanted nothing more than to kill them all for hurting the girl she considered a younger sister, she took respite in the fact that she was able to give Davina a few moments of freedom.

Rebekah had called her again yesterday, something that the young Lockwood teen was thankful for as she was able to unload all the drama that had unfolded onto her blonde friend. And, after 15 minutes of crying and Rebekah describing the many different ways she was going to murder her brother vividly, Thea had begun to feel much happier than she was previously.

She wasn't completely whole and her heart was still broken, but after spending a few days away with her friends and no hybrids to kill her mood, she was slowly getting better. However, the teen knew the next thing on her agenda was to have a proper talk with Klaus so she could get some closure and move past it. They were, after all, expecting a child together.

Speaking of which, Thea's bump had grown rather large over the last month as she went into her final month of pregnancy. The Lockwood teen was terrified as the baby's due date edged closer, still not 100% sure she was ready to be a mother – but every time she caught a glimpse of her bump in the mirror, she couldn't help but to smile as all her worries melted away.